its not always sunshine&rainbows.

" it's not the load that weighs you down, it's the way you carry it. "
- c.s. lewis

 lewis

_

mary anne nervously entered david's office, no clue on what exactly he would want to discuss.

"please kid, take a seat." he says gesturing towards the chair that sat in front of his desk.

she did so as he did the same.

"if you don't mind me asking, why did i get called in?" she smiled nervously.

"it's nothing bad kid, so you can relax your shoulders.." he gave a small chuckle as he pulled out a file. "i do have a question though.."

she furrows her eyebrows, "yes?"

"so it says in your file," david said, opening it up and reading off the paper. "you were in and out of foster care.."

mary anne was thoroughly confused, that's what he called her up for?

"oh uhm.." she looks down at hands, "yeah i was."

spencer, theodore, blake, and penelope watched from their desks curious as to what they were discussing.

penelope inhales sharply, "oh god, what if they transfer her.."

"why would they do that?" theodore asked, glancing over to garcia.

"well, i cant think of a specific reason; i don't think they will though because eight agents are required to be working. and there are eight of us so.." spencer clarifies.

"i'm sure it's nothing guys, let's get back to work.." blake suggests, to which they do.

"i was just wondering if you're alright, because of the case we had a while back with kenny gray, i believe his name was? you are pretty new to the team so i wanted to make sure you're doing okay."

mary anne gives a small smile, "i appreciate your concern mr rossi, i do. but i'm fine, that was a long time ago. i was adopted by a wonderful woman, and i never really looked back from then."

david nods, "please mary anne, call me rossi or david. no mister. it makes me sound old."

she chuckles, "sorry."

he shakes his head, "it's alright, but how are you liking the bau so far?"

he lays back in his chair, mary anne wasn't going to lie; a bit of attention from any male figure who's old enough to be her dad, she tends to get attached.