it should have been me.

" light is easy to love, show me your darkness. "
- r. queen

 queen

_

mary anne and spencer were at this apartment, enjoying some pizza while watching a marathon of harry potter movies.

"dude, i can't believe you have never seen one harry potter! let alone not reading it.." she chuckles taking a bite of her pizza slice.

spencer smiles, "i've just never gotten to it. should i read it?"

"i mean we're already watching the movies, so you're getting the gist of it all. but the books always have a lot more that the movies don't tell."

he nods, "then i'll start reading it."

"cool." she smiles approvingly, the two then go back to looking at the movie.

"you know.." spencer spoke, "when you think pizza you think italiano, but the origin of pizza goes back to ancient times. greeks and egyptians were cooking a pizza like flatbread and topping it with olive oil and spices. the "modern pizza" as we know it evolved in naples italy, when tomato was added to in the late eighteenth century."

mary anne chuckles, "i did know that actually."

spencer grins, "what about.. did you know that americans love pizza in fact so much so that we eat about 100 acres of pizza everyday. that about three hundred-fifty slices every second!"

her eyes widened, "wow, no i did not know that."

"see, the more you know." he laughs.

"yeah yeah.." mary anne chuckles.

they were finished watching the fifth movie in the series before spencer's phone rang.

mary anne had a feeling that it was hotch calling them in.

and she was right because when spencer hung up, he glances over with a weak smile.

"didn't think our night would get cut so short, but hotch said we have a case. he just told me to tell you as well because you weren't answering."

"yeah my phone is in my apartment.." she nods, "okay well i'll see you in a bit i'm going to go get ready."

mary anne picks up the empty pizza box, and other things that weren't needed on his coffee table; just cleaning up.

"hey, what are you doing?" he chuckles, trying to take it away from her hands.

"picking up?"