it was merely the beginning..

" strangers are just family you have yet to come to know. "
- mitch albom

 " - mitch albom

_

"dude, this is so nerve wrecking. how are you not panicking right now?!" mary anne asked as she messes with the hair tie on her wrist.

theodore laughs as he clicks on the elevator button to go up, "you're just overthinking it mary anne. you know these people. we have worked with them previously, so no need to worry."

the two walk out of the elevator to see the glass doors, and looking through it, there are bullpens along with people scattered around.

"ready for this mary anne?"

"ready as i'll ever be." she sighs, the two walk in, boxes in hand.

the boxes really only consisted of knick knacks that they had at their desk back in chicago, nothing big.

a few people turning their heads, mary anne's cheeks heat up.

they see aaron hotchner walk out of an office, along with david rossi walking down by the bullpens.

"team, you may recognize mary anne rogers and theodore matthews from the case we had the other day in chicago. they're going to be filling in for emily and jj." hotch introduces.

they all greeted each other, and the two of them have settled into a desk. which, mary anne's happened to be the one in front of spencer's.

and of course, penelope being the amazing woman she is, engulfs mary anne into a hug.

"we're going to be such good friends i can see it already!" penelope smiles.

"what makes you think that? i mean im very sure we will. just curious on why you think so." mary anne chuckles pulling away from the hug.

"well one i adore your outfit, it's professional yet it has your fling to it..." penelope notes as she looks her up and down, seeing a white long sleeve button up top. but some of the buttons on top weren't buttoned, black jeans and her black converse. "your socks are so iconic, i'm jealous. also, the vibe overall, that i get from you is amazing."

mary anne chuckles, looking down at her socks, both of which had their own individual pattern and color scheme going on, "thank you. i love your style as well!"

spencer who glances over to see her socks, he couldn't lie to himself, he did like them.

"guys, no case today. so just get the paperwork done on your desks, penelope you can show them the ropes, but leave them time to do paperwork. and any of you can help them figure out on how to do the paperwork." hotch says, as he made his way back to his office.