maybe it was the air that night..

" we never realize how frozen we are until someone starts to melt our ice. "
- bridgett devoue

 "- bridgett devoue

_

it was another long day at the bau, no case. yet somehow mary anne wished there was because she would actually be doing something useful.

everyone was packing up to leave when penelope cheers, "guys! what about going to the bar tonight?!"

hotch looks down at his watch, "well jack is already asleep, so i will."

david smiles, "sure, why not."

"count me in." blake chuckles.

"you know i'll be there, baby girl." derek winks.

penelope squeals, looking over to mary anne and spencer for a response.

mary anne glances over to spencer, "have any plans tonight, genius?"

he thought about it for a second, "i was just going to read-"

mary anne smiles, cutting him off. "okay penelope, spence and i are going."

spencer's eyes widened, noticing the new nickname she had called him.

penelope smiles engulfing the two in a hug, "yay!"

"theo, are you coming?" mary anne asks letting go of the hug.

"yeah sure, why not." he smiles, penelope hugs him.

"you guys are wonderful."

they all exited the building, agreeing on what bar to go to. and they all said how they were just going go home and change into something more casual. so they all went home and did so.

mary anne was rummaging through her moving boxes because she still hadn't found time to unbox everything.

her apartment was a fairly decent size, it was only her who lives there anyways.

mary anne just put on some ripped jeans, a black turtle neck shirt, and just put her converse on.

she was gathering her things to leave, when she hears a knock on the door.

furrowing her eyebrows she opens it, and to her surprise she sees spencer who was looking down at her car keys.

"hey, im your neighbor-"