snowstorm.

" you have a place in my heart no one else ever could have. "
— f. scott fitzgerald

 scott fitzgerald

___

there was a nasty storm hitting dc, and lucky for spencer; he had gotten home just in time before it got bad.

"hey mary anne." spencer greeted, as he stomped his feet on the welcome mat, trying to shake off the snow from his shoes.

mary anne happily skips over to him as he set aside his soaked converse, spencer smiled as he met her gaze.

"hey spence," she reached over cupping his cheeks, that were a bright red from the cold, as well as his nose.

he leans down to place a soft kiss on her lips, then purposely places his cold hands on her warm neck.

she jumped with a small laugh, pulling away from the hug. "you're evil."

he laughs as he walks over to the living room, mary anne being in the kitchen.

"hey spence, want hot chocolate?"

"why is that a question, of course i do."

mary anne laughed as she made the two some, meanwhile they chatted about their day.

eventually she walks over with two mugs, steaming with the hot liquid. she gives a soft smile, as she handed spencer his mug.

"thank you ma'am."

she nodded, taking a seat next to him and covering herself with the blanket that he had over himself.

spencer glances at her mug, noticing the immense amount of marshmallows she had in it. his eyes widened, "mary anne!"

she furrowed her eyebrows, genuinely confused as to what he could be so concerned about. "yeah?"

"that's a lot of marshmallows. are you trying to put yourself in a sugar coma?? you know eating too much sugar can have many negative health effects..."

"...an excessive amount of sweetened foods and beverages can lead to weight gain, blood sugar problems and an increased risk of heart disease, among other dangerous conditions!" (dawg let her live her life 🙄🙄🙄)

mary anne couldn't help but laugh, she loved how much he cared about her and her health. "spence, this mountain of marshmallows is not going to kill me. i'll be fine."

he sighed, "well you're killing me."

she chuckles as she leaned over to give him a peck on the cheek, "i love you spence."

"i love you most."

so there the two were, sipping their hot chocolate as they watched the marathon of christmas movies that was playing. it was only november but who's complaining?