not being able to take a hint.

" i would not wish any companion in the world but you. "
- william shakespeare

 "- william shakespeare

___

"fair warning.. like i said, she's a bit.. over the top. just smile, and eat whatever she hands you, and there will be no issues. she tends to always make sure you're always fed." mary anne assures, looking up to spencer.

the two arrived in chicago, and were standing in front of her home from the age of fourteen and up.

spencer's eyes widened, but nods slightly. "y-yeah, okay."

the red front door swings open to reveal a tan skinned, curly headed woman with a huge grin on her face.

ms rogers squeals before embracing her daughter into a huge hug, "aghhhh mary anne! never leave me again!"

mary anne's cheeks turn red with embarrassment as she glances over to spencer, who was laughing.

ms rogers sighs letting go of the hug, admiring her daughter. "agh mija, i swear, the longer i don't see you the more i go crazy." (mija : daughter)

mary anne chuckles, "well ma, this is spencer reid.."

ms rogers looks over to spencer, who flashed an awkward smile. "hi ms rogers, it's nice to—"

and before he could finish, the woman embraces him into a hug.

mary anne was going to mention how spencer is a germaphobe, and doesn't really do hugs. but it didn't seem to bother him because he gladly hugged back.

"wow, he's even more good looking in person!" ms rogers gushed, "oh and please, call me audrey!"

spencer's cheeks turned red, as he nods.

ms rogers walks in the house, "ándale ándale, you guys must be starving!" (ándale : come along)

mary anne glances over to spencer as they enter basically saying, i told you so.

"yes ma, what are we cooking?" she asks setting her luggage down.

"i already had some tamales made! spencer, i didn't know if you like somewhat spicy food, so i made some red tamales too." her mom smiles making her way to the kitchen.

"oh no yeah, i can eat whatever. did you know researchers conclude that spice tolerance is a mixed matter of nature vs. nurture — meaning that, while genetics play a part, spicy food tolerance is also conditioned through habit." spencer informed with a small grin.