u know ill see u again.

" but i must admit i miss you quite terribly. the world is too quiet without you nearby. "
— lemony snicket
TW: violence, mention of guns,
(anything you'd see on cm)

 "— lemony snicketTW: violence, mention of guns, (anything you'd see on cm)

____

it was a few days after the engagement, they were all gathered at the rossi mansion for the announcement.

and boy was everyone so pumped to see the two finally tie the knot.

"holy crap kid!" david chuckled, "you really just went for it."

there was small discussion on when the wedding would be, until it was interrupted by a call.

a call that would change everything, except they didn't know that in the moment. (y'all are gonna hate me for this chapter, and i'm apologizing in advanced 🏃🏻‍♀️)

"looks like we have a case and they need all hands on deck.." aaron sighed, slowly getting up.

"like everyone?" theo asked.

thats when mary anne got the text from her captain saying she was needed at the pd asap.

"yeah, countless murders in our area." he explained, glancing at mary anne, "so the local pd will be involved."

____

there wasn't much on the unsub yet, only that the murders were mediated under someone with, what they believed, a split personality.

the unsub's murder count is at 6 1/3. yes, and 1/3.

everyone was under immense pressure to catch this person, and it was clearly bothering them all that they couldn't get much.

all that was recovered from the scenes were garbage bags, and a rope tied in a knot.

the team were scattered everywhere, few of the members were at the bau, others at the pd, others at the crime scenes.

"that doesn't make any sense though, why would the unsub leave a third of the remains." mary anne groaned, just trying to connect it all.

theo hummed, "maybe keeping it as a trophy?"

"taking two thirds of a body, and dumping a third.. that big of a trophy?"

and it was as if the two had a light go off, they both looked at each other and thought, "what if the unsub is eating these remains?"