cheers, to one amazing team.

" i would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light. "
— helen keller

 "— helen keller

___

mary anne and spencer walked through the front door, welcomed by rossi's embrace.

he led the two to his backyard, it was well decorated, lights hanging from one end to another and a big dinner table.

they see their friends, greeting each of them.

"what's this?" mary anne chuckles nervously, bringing derek into a hug.

"well.." he pulled away from the hug, gesturing to the others. "we were told you're leaving us kid, and this is us sending you off."

mary anne frowns, "guys.."

penelope made her way over, "we know this won't be our last time seeing you, but we wanted to give a proper goodbye. from the bau."

they all took a seat at the dining table, and after they ate, david clinked his glass.

"children children!" he announced, before glancing at mary anne. "we are doing our speeches, and aaron is starting.."

they all chuckle before hotch gets up and continues, "mary anne rogers, you are one hell of an agent. i have seen many others walk through the glass doors of the bau, and immediately walk back out not being able to handle it."

"..but seeing you work that case way back when, we were all pleasantly surprised by your initiative. and i knew you would be an amazing agent to add to our team. and i believe you are one of the bau's best."
(pls stop before i get attached 🙄🏃🏻‍♀️)

he flashed a smile, the aaron hotchner gave a smile. holding his wine glass up, to which everyone else did as well. "to mary anne."

they all repeated in unison. before penelope immediately stands up, "okay okay my turn!"

penelope smiles as she glanced over at her very dear friend, "oh no, i'm going to cry and i haven't even started! well my sunshine, i am so lucky that you became an agent at the bau. you're my best friend, and most favorite person ever.. sorry boy wonder.."
(pg is always so emotional but i luv it bc same😢)

they all chuckled, mary anne blew her a kiss before she continued, "i never expected for such an amazing friendship to blossom between us. i mean, i knew we'd be good friends, but who knew this close you know. so, thank you for being a wonderful best friend, and coworker."

clinking their glasses, derek stood up. "alright alright, mary anne. you really are one tough kid, but you have such an amazing heart. and i'm so glad i got the opportunity to work alongside such an amazing woman.."

mary anne chuckles, trying to hold back her tears. "aw derek, you have a soft spot for me?"

everyone laughed before he continued, "i always have kid. you're like my little sister, and to think you're not going to work with us anymore is crazy. i think i'm going to have to go back to protecting pretty boy! but honestly, congrats for this new opportunity mary anne."