the newsclipping.

" experience taught her. hurt raised her. neither defined her. "
- adrian michael

 " - adrian michael

_

the team had gotten back from their case safe and sound, and mary anne was anxious about what penelope had waiting for her.

arriving, trying not to make it to obvious, penelope waltzed her way over with the file in hand. and mary anne couldn't read her; whether what was inside good or bad.

so she just thanked her before getting her things ready to leave.

spencer notices, but doesn't say anything. he waits for her so he can take her home as well.

the car ride to their apartment was quieter than usual. spencer because he was still kind of wounded by earlier; her getting hit on and mary anne being distant. as for mary anne, she was just anxious about what was in the file.

"are you okay mary anne?" he asked.

she glances over, giving a small smile. "no yeah yeah.. i'm fine."

it didn't sound so convincing to spencer, but he didn't want to push her to say anything if she didn't want to. because he knew she would tell him if anything.

arriving at their complex, mary anne said thank you then went into her apartment.

spencer frowned, why is she being so distant..

she sighed setting her purse on the table, not prepared for what was inside.

bringing her out of her thoughts was her phone buzzing, pulling it out she sees it was james.

hey, wanna go for frozen yogurt? ;)

she sighed, she really didn't feel like going out. but frozen yogurt did sound good.

so she gave him her complex number, and said she would just go down to him.

mary anne had gotten ready, and a text from james saying he was already downstairs. she brought what she needed and made her way down.

being greeted by james in casual attire, with a smile. to which the two make their way to get frozen yogurt.

"i can't believe you don't like cookies and cream.." james chuckles as the two ate their frozen yogurt in his car.

"it's just.. ew, i don't enjoy it.." mary anne laughs making a face.

"soo.." james ate a spoonful of the frozen yogurt, "what do you do for a living?"

"im an fbi profiler."

his eyes widened, "woah really? that's so cool."

she chuckles, "guess so, and you?"

"i help run a family business."

"oh cool, what do you guys make?"

james told her how they sold paintings and anything in between. when they were done eating their frozen yogurt, he walks her to her front door; like a gentleman.