everybody needs a break sometimes.

" you are so brave and quiet, i forget you are suffering. "
- ernest hemingway

 " - ernest hemingway

__

mary anne brought spencer a mug full of coffee to his desk, "one coffee with a mountain of sugar."

he smiles looking to her, "thank you. did you know studies have shown that you would need to consume over seventy cups of coffee to kill a seventy kg person. the amount of caffeine from this can trigger heart palpitations and cardiac arrest.."

"..this would mean that you would need to drink about 3 cups of coffee every hour for twenty four hours for it to be lethal."

she chuckles, "thank you for that info.."

"why do you think he got called in there?" mary anne asked, watching theodore and hotch in his office, talking.

alex hums, "nothing bad.. hopefully?"

"can't get any worse.." she sighs, taking a seat in her chair.

"ooo!" penelope cooed, "how's everything with that guy..."

spencer glances over, remembering the other night and how it went. how she didn't wanna kiss him.

before she could say anything, theodore walks out of hotch's office catching their attention.

mary anne tried reading her friend, and what he might've gotten called in for.

but to her luck, he goes over and hugs her tightly, catching her by surprise.

"what's that for?" she asks with a small chuckle.

"i got offered a position at the pentagon, isn't that exciting!"

her facial feature softened, "that's amazing theo!"

he nods with a huge grin, "right! i know we joined the bau together and all but.. you know—"

"dude, this is an amazing opportunity for you. don't pass it up.."

theodore embraces her into a hug, "what would i do without you anne."

mary anne found it harder to be happy lately because of her little brother, but she was slowly getting it back. but this is how it would go, she'll be happy for a bit, but then she'll remember her brother. and then it would go downhill.

she clears her throat, "i uh, i'm going to talk to rossi i'll be right back.."

he nods, squinting his eyes suspiciously.