the ex.

" i'm not sure anybody ever gets completely over their first love, and that still rankles. part of me still wants to know what was wrong with me. what i was lacking. "
-stephen king

 "-stephen king

___

"so when did you guys start dating?" hotch asked, hands crossed on his desk.

there sat spencer and mary anne, as if they had gotten trouble in class and were in the principals office.

"uh.. a week ago." she replied, spencer corrects. "eight days ago."

hotch nods as he began to fill out a paper, "so since then we have gone on two cases?"

"yes."

hotch sighs, "so you guys don't get in trouble with strauss.. i'm going to put you guys just started dating today, and just brought it to my attention."

"thank you hotch." she smiled.

he nods, glancing at the two with a grin. "i know it's your guys business, so i won't say anything."

the two nod, about to walk out when he calls mary anne back in.

"yes sir?"

"when's the last time you had an off day?"

"uh, well only once. when i took that time off to go see my dad, that was a while back."

"well i'm going to give you a week."

"oh sir, i appreciate it but i'm—"

"the bau wears people out mary anne, and you're an amazing agent. a lot of agents walk out that door too soon, and you're one person i want to see live out your full potential in the field." (new dad figure 😍)

mary anne gives a smile, it meant a lot to her. "thank you, if you need all hands on deck, i'm one call away."

he gives a firm nod, as she walks out his office.

time skip ₊˚.༄

it was saturday, spencer and mary anne were at a coffee shop. of course to fuel their addiction.

they sat at a table outside, sipping their coffee and talking.

"okay i know this might be a long shot, but would you ever want kids?" mary anne asked. (not even a month into relationship.. we luv to see it😜)