koalas, files, & investigating.

" people generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for. "
- tkam

 "- tkam

_

the team had been called on a case where two prison guards were stabbed in the neck, with socks stuffed in their mouths.

theodore and mary anne brought a go-bag, which they never knew they needed but made sense on why.

they were briefing on the jet, which theodore and mary anne felt amazed by.

thedore reads out, "officers keith rivers and rudy hightower, both career prison guards, both married, kids, nothing out of the ordinary."

"the uniform itself could be the target. kill a guard, any guard, it doesn't matter which one." blake comments.

"and what about the sock in the mouth?" derek questioned.

"maybe it's some kind of warning, to keep quiet, you know like put a sock in it." rossi responds.

"it could have also just been a gag to literally keep the victims quiet." mary anne suggests.

"well, either way, we're probably looking at multiple unsubs. this would be very difficult to pull off alone." hotch stated.

"multiple unsubs in a prison? sounds like a gang." thedore inisited.

"and gangs have gang leaders, and the murders could lead back to one of them. and by them i mean him.." mary anne says holding up the tablet with a picture of a man in his mugshot.

derek introduces, "julio watson, founder of the south side crip nation."

"he transferred in a month before the murders started. wonder if it's a coincidence." mary anne shrugs putting the tablet back down.

garcia dings in, her face appearing on the tv screens on the jet, and the laptop that was there.

"excuse me sir, even i'm befuddled. i found almost nothing on this prison, but this is what i do know. the reagan federal penitentiary was opened in 1969 just outside liberty, texas. oh, the irony, i know! and then it was scheduled to be shut down.. but citadel corrections company bought it a year ago from uncle sam. " garcia explained.

"the business of incarceration is extremely lucrative and virtually recession-proof. the citadel corrections company has more than quadrupled their holdings since they were found 20 years ago. they now have 19 facilities all across the country. 59,603 prisoners in their charge." spencer informs.

"guess i had it wrong all this time, crime does pay." rossi comments.

the team arrived at the penitentiary, it was old, beat up, and intimidating.

mary anne gulps as she stared up at the place, spencer stands next to her.

"it'll be okay, mary anne." spencer whispers.