best dad award.

" holding anger is a poison. it eats you from inside. we think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. but hatred is a curved blade. and the harm we do, we do to ourselves. "
- mitch albom

 "- mitch albom

___

"are you ready?" spencer asked, glancing at mary anne who stood looking at the entrance of the prison.

she looks up to him, "can you go with me..?"

spencer gives a reassuring smile, "of course." lending out his hand, he gestures towards the prison. "let's go."

mary anne accepts his hand, intertwining her fingers, as they both walked inside. ('just friends' my ass 🙄)

they were given a visitors pass, and this prison allowed for the visitors to sit at a table with the inmate. a guard obviously present.

so there sat spencer and mary anne, waiting for her father to walk in.

spencer notices how she was slightly shaking, and her hands were kind of sweaty so he reassures her that she's okay and that he's there. (my hands get so clammy when i'm nervous too, it's so bad LOL 🏃🏻‍♀️)

she smiles, "thanks spence.."

and there he was, the man himself, jerry henderson in his orange jump suit. he took a seat in front of the two, with a grin on his face.

"sweetheart! you're here! oh wow you're so big now.." jerry exclaimed, he glances over to spencer, furrowing his eyebrows. "who's this?"

"one, not your sweetheart. and two, that doesn't matter," mary anne cleared her throat. "i came to-"

"ask about thomas," he finished with a nod, "i've got nothing to say about that."

her eyes widened, "oh really, you have nothing to say about your son who you killed?"

"i don't like talking about him."

"and why is that?" she asked, attitude in her tone. spencer glances at her, noticing this is how she acted when interrogating possible leads and unsubs.

"because i've been trying to move on from that dark part of my life, god dammit!" (spencer's just watching like 👁👁)

mary anne rolls her eyes, "how does one move on from killing their son."

jerry shakes his head, looking down at his hands. "i didn't mean to."

"you know.." she sighs, trying to hold back her tears. "he would've been twenty-two this coming month.." (taylor swift does make some bops, not the time tho..😼😳)

jerry nods, his tone softened, "i know."

"the crazy thing is, is that i never got to see him do the things i saw him doing in the future. like things an older sister would tease about, a first girlfriend. even him getting married, having kids.. just having his own family..." mary anne catches her breath. "but you took that away from him because you're so selfish. thomas never hurt anybody.."