Chapter Six | Questions

This isn't the first time Dream found himself in a hospital, and he's afraid it won't be the last. It's frustrating that poor George has to witness this; it makes Dream angry.

If Dream could keep track of how many times he had come close to dying, it would be too many to count. He glanced at George, who had fallen asleep, snuggled against his side.

If only I could tell him. Being in the hospital is truly miserable. They say I'm lucky to be alive, but how much longer can I last?

George stirred, interrupting Dream's thoughts. "How are you feeling?" George smiled slightly, looking over at Dream, "As good as I can be."
Dream frowned.

"Your fans are really worried about you... and so am I, Dream." George frowned, Dream snuggled closer to the boy seeking comfort "No need to worry, I'm fine." Dream chuckled, but he still seemed deeply distressed.

"Dream... you came so close to dying. And this isn't the first time, is it?" Dream frowned, letting out a sigh. "I've always been a bit clumsy, George."

"Not this clumsy," George argued, and Dream tried to reassure him. "Listen, George, I'm okay, really. Dream placed his hand on George's shoulder.

"No, you're not..." trailing off, worry evident. George enveloped Dream in a comforting hug, and his warmth eased his worries. Dream wished he could hold onto him forever. "I'll be okay, George, really," Dream reassured him with a smile. George simply held Dream tight.

Eventually, they heard a knock at the door, and George let go. Dream didn't want him to. he craved his warmth, needing the comfort it brought him.

"He's all good to go home but be sure to take it easy for a while."

"Will do." Dream gave the doctor a fake smile, as soon as the doctor left, he turned to George. "Am I going to your house or should I get a ride home?" Dream played with his fingers, trying not to let his fear show.

"No, until you get better, you're staying with me!" George smiled and offered Dream his support as he helped Dream to his car. He was still unsteady on his feet.

George drove him to his house, and neither of them felt the need to fill the comfortable silence with words.

Dream was exhausted, his head throbbed with a major headache. George noticed Dream's fatigue and guided him to the bed with a caring look. Dream smiled gratefully at him, and George got in beside him.

It had become a routine for them to sleep together, and it brought Dream comfort. He knew he would miss it when he eventually had to return to his father's house, which he could only describe as a living hell. But maybe, someday, things would change and he wouldn't have to go back there anymore.

Dream woke up to the comforting warmth of George nestled in the crook of his neck. It had been so long since Dream had a nightmare since they have started sleeping together.

This time, Dream couldn't bring himself to move away, even if he woke up in that position. After all, Dream was the one who started it.

George eventually stirred and noticed their closeness, looking into Dream's eyes for a moment before pulling back and getting up. Dream already missed his comforting warmth, longing for it as he moved away.

"Dream, we should probably do a stream and let everyone know that you're okay and all that," George spoke, looking at Dream intently for his reaction.

"Yeah, okay," Dream replied, feeling anxious. He didn't want to show his face on the stream or risk having another argument that could lead to George kicking him out again.

"Don't worry, Dream. I won't force you to show your face anymore," George spoke nervously, watching Dream closely. Dream smiled in response.

"Thank you... and, uh, George..." Dream trailed off, unsure of how to express his gratitude. "Yeah?" George didn't want to lose his gaze, intent on hearing what Dream had to say. "I'm glad you know what I look like." Dream blushed.

George started up the stream everyone instantly freaking out asking if Dream was okay. "Everyone, there's no need to worry, Dream is okay." George smiled, though he tried not to look at Dream as he hid himself out of the face cam view, watching the chat from his old computer.

He explained to the viewers what had happened, and many of them laughed, commenting on Dream's clumsiness. Little did they know the truth behind the incident, and George was unaware as well.

As time passed, the viewers started asking if Dream was present. He was indeed there, but he didn't want to be inundated with questions so he remained silent.

George glanced at Dream with a pleading expression, urging him to speak up. However, he shook his head. As much as Dream appreciated his fans, he didn't want to be interrogated about the recent events.

"Excuse me for a minute." George muted the stream and turned to Dream, pleading with him to come on the stream or at least communicate with the viewers.

Dream frowned, as this was exactly what I had feared. "George, I don't want to be bombarded with questions," he expressed his concerns. "No matter what you do, you'll receive questions, even just by looking through social media," George frowned, trying hard to convince Dream to say something.

"Fine, but only for a bit. and I don't want them to know I'm here with you so I can move the computer somewhere else." George sighed; George wanted him to stay but Dream just couldn't. "Fine as long as you join the stream." George frowned as Dream exited the room, taking the computer with him.

Dream set it up on a table just outside George's room and joined the stream, instantly being bombarded with questions and worried fans. Dream explained to them what happened, but when they started asking about George and if he was with him, he hesitated.

Dream decided to lie, saying that he was at his own house and that George was on his own. Dream agreed that he had met George in person and that George had moved to Florida, trying to deflect their curiosity.

They tried to get Dream to invite George over, but he came up with the excuse that he was not able to have people over, which was partially true.

Eventuality Dream ended the stream.

As Dream entered the room with George, Dream could see the concern in his eyes. He knew Dream had lied on the stream, and Dream felt guilty about it. George didn't say anything, but his expression spoke volumes. Dream took a deep breath, feeling the weight of the situation.

"They wouldn't shut the fuck up with the stupid questions" Dream laughed at him. "Yeah well, that's how things work during streams, want to watch Netflix or something?" George changed the subject.

They watched Netflix until it got dark.

"We should probably get some sleep." George turned to Dream slightly leaning against him. "You're probably right." Dream mumbled.

George got up, and Dream followed him into his room. They both got into George's bed, seeking comfort in each other's presence.

George was the first to fall asleep, snuggling into Dream. Dream couldn't help but blush at the intimacy, but soon Dream followed suit, snuggling close to George.

As Dream's eyes closed, he could feel George's warmth enveloping him, and a sense of peace washed over him. Despite the challenges and uncertainties they were facing, being in George's arms felt like a sanctuary. Dream drifted off to sleep, grateful for his presence and the solace it brought him.

If only this would last..

________________________________

I'm dying to know what happened now, this is so fun!

-Editor Alex

I wonder...

-Editor Han