Chapter Twenty-Eight | Change *

~Clay's P.O.V~

The last thing I heard was George's cries, everything went black. I didn't know where I was, and it scared me. I walked around for a bit through the darkness. I had the thought in my head that I was dying. I didn't want to believe it until a girl walked over to me.

"Clay, is it?" She questioned, I continued to look around, wanting to get back to George.

"Yeah? Where the hell am I?! Where is George?!" I was slightly frustrated; I had a feeling a panic attack was about to happen.

"Calm down. George is fine, and so are you. You are merely sleeping." She smiled at me, instead of making the situation better she just made it worse.

"What do you mean sleeping?! I have to get back to George!" I screamed at the girl, and she shook her head.

"I'm sorry Clay, your body is trying to heal. You can't wake up until it's healed enough for you to handle the real world. You need to listen to me."

"No! I don't want to listen to you! I want to get back to George!"  I snapped at her; she shook her head.

"Clay, you're in a coma. You can't just wake up." My jaw dropped.

"A coma?! What the hell happened?!" I was still very upset and panicked.

"The shot they gave you had some major side effects that they didn't know of. Your body started to shut down. The only way for you to survive it was for your body to go into a deep sleep." She answered, I looked down there was no way out of here.

"What do you need to tell me? I'm clearly stuck here." I was irritated, and I just wanted to leave.

"I hate to tell you this, but it's the shot they gave you." She sighed, having trouble explaining.

"Just tell me already!" I was just so angry that I didn't even want to speak anymore.

"You don't understand what I'm trying to say..." The girl sighed.

"Then what are you trying to say?!" I screamed, frustrated with the girl.

"Everything is about to change, George. the one you love." I couldn't understand.

what was she saying?

"What about George?!"

"You're about to forget him, everything you thought about him will be gone for another." The girl sighed, and my mouth dropped.

"What?! What the hell are you saying?!" I was panicking now, she had to be lying right?!

"I'm sorry, Clay. I'm not lying, I must go now. I'm sorry."

"What, no! You need to explain! Come back!" I yelled; the girl disappeared into the darkness. It was just me alone standing in the dark. I started crying. I just wanted to see George...

~Bird's P.O.V~

I watched the broken boy hunched over Clay's sleeping body, holding his hand tightly. We didn't have any clue if he was going to make it. Just to think when all of this was over, Clay would forget everything about George. I sighed, sitting back in my chair. Lock looked over to me.

"What the hell is up with you?"

"Nothing..."

I decided against voicing my opinion, I heard the door open. I watched as our director walked in staring at the boy in the bed, turning to me.

"Is Dream okay yet? We have other things to do." I wanted to just slap him, but that wouldn't be smart at all.

"No sir... Dream is in a coma, we don't even know if he will ever wake up."  I sighed, holding back my anger. I felt terrible for Clay.

"Still, it's been months!"  He was clearly frustrated, I decided not to talk anymore. I looked back at Clay, Eventually, I heard the door close as he talked to Lock. As soon as he was gone, I decided to check on Clay. I exited the security room.

I walked over to Clay's room, putting in the code. George didn't even turn to me when I walked in, I could see bags under his eyes. The boy did nothing except stare at Clay, and hope that he would wake up. I walked over to his monitor looking at his status. There was no difference.

"George?" I asked, and the boy turned to me slightly before looking back at Clay.

"I'm sorry. I had no idea what they had planned," I spoke gently, it was the truth. He didn't even answer, rubbing his thumb over the boy's hand.

"I understand that you're mad at me but I'm answering honestly, I had no idea and if I could stop it I would..." I went too far, I wanted George to know I didn't want this to happen.

The Director didn't talk of any side effects. I had a good idea he had no clue about them either. George still didn't answer, it was like he was in a deep trance.

I went on the other side of the bed checking his I.V. and going to grab a new bag. I came back shortly, putting the new bag up. I decided to not bother George anymore. I could tell he had dry tears covering his cheeks.

When I got back to the security room, I saw George adjust his pillow before putting a soft kiss on his cheeks, then he sat back down.

It just made me feel worse for George, and for Clay. Even now he will have no clue what will happen when he wakes up. If he wakes up, that is. I wanted him to wake up.

Someone's heart is going to be broken. I'm one of the reason, it makes me feel sick to the stomach. It hurts just looking at him, George cared so much for him.

I'm tearing them apart, Why did I let this happen?