Chapter Thirty-Five | Drive *

~George's P.O.V~

After the call with Bird I knew, I had to get to Clay and fast. I explained to Casper and the rest of the group that it was urgent we go to Clay.

Casper was able to rent us a bus, we were such a big group. I packed my necessities, and made my way downstairs to the bus, the others were already there.

I looked over the group, Casper was in the driver's seat, behind Casper sat Darryl and Zak. Zak was poking Darryl and Darryl was giving him a ridiculous stare. Across from them was Dave and Nick, Dave was currently staring out the window while Nick was relaxing in his seat. Behind Darryl and Zak was Zelk and Mega, both playing on their phones. Who sat across was Wilbur and Chandler both chatting to each other about who knows what? Chris and Jimmy who were behind Mega and Zelk, they were laughing about some random subject. I decided to sit next to Kale who was on her computer hacking something. When I tried to look over at her, she would give me a deathing glare. 

It's going to be a long bus ride; I can feel it now. I rested my head against the back of the seat. Kale glanced over to me.

"So, what's going on between you and Clay?" I could feel my face heat up.

"N-nothing" I held my breath; I can't tell her. I glanced around; everyone was too busy to pay attention to anything that we were saying.

"You know, I can easily tell when someone is lying." Of course, she can, just my luck. I sighed, might as well just tell her the truth. 

"Me and Clay we're boyfriends." I whispered so the others couldn't hear. 

"Oh." She looked interested.

"He forgot me now, I don't know what we are anymore." I started to tear up, "what if he never remembers me again". Kale noticed this and pulled me into a hug. I needed this; I had been hiding all my feeling from my friends in fear of their reactions. I sniffled pulling back.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to drag you into my own personal problems." She just laughed.

"I let myself into your personal problems, we all did, we care about Clay almost as much as you do." It warmed my heart to hear this.

"Why else would we be here stuck in this bus together for forty hours?"  She laughed, I glanced around to all my friends. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves, but Dave, Dave was being Dave. They had all stopped their lives to help me find Clay.

When we all arrived at a hotel for a pit stop, Casper ushered me over to her and Kale.

"George you might want to see this." They had a frown on their face, that couldn't be a good thing. I followed them to their hotel room. Casper sat her computer down, I pulled up a chair next to her.

"Ok, so I was able to hack into the security cameras with the help of Kale of course." She smiled to Kale; Kale was sitting on the bed watching us.

"Okay what did you find?" Casper sighed pulling up the security camera view. I turned my attention to the video.

"We were only able to get older recordings, but we are working on getting live footage."  I watched in shock; Clay was tightly chained to a pole. What I didn't understand was how he got a tail and ears?

What had they really done to him?

He was struggling in the chains as a man approached him with a case. The man placed the case down on the table, we were unable to see what was in it. The man approached Clay with what seemed to be a needle. He thrashed in the chains, I winced as he injected Clay with it. He seemed to be drawling blood.

"Are you able to zoom in?" I asked, Casper nodded silently.

She zoomed in on Clay, he was scared. I could see the fear in his eyes. The man disappears out of the shot, only to come back with a needle filled with a light blue substance.

Clay tried again to get lose, I could tell it was just hurting him more. The man approached him; he had a sickly smile.

He was enjoying this!

He injected Clay with it in his thigh, even though I couldn't hear audio, I knew he was in a great deal of pain. I made me sick, I couldn't watch anymore of this.

"Turn it off!"

I screamed, they both glared at me.

"Now!"

Casper closed her computer and I rushed out of their room. Clay is nothing but an experiment to them, it made me sick. The next day, I was completely silent. I could tell everyone was worried about me, I looked sickly. My eyes were baggy and tainted with tears, I was skinny, almost as skinny as Clay in the video. No matter what encouraging words they would tell me, it wouldn't help. I was broken, inside and out. The only thing that would be able to mend me was Clay, and he was so far away. Away from me, away from everything he loves. They didn't give him a choice.

~Zee's (Bird) P.O.V~ 

I didn't know what to do, Clay is going to love someone else. There is nothing I can do to stop them. If only I could tell George, I knew there was no way they were going to trust me with a phone after the stunt, I just pulled.

"Now for you to understand, you can't pull this shit again. Zee if you even say a word to George, I will terminate you without a second guess."

I knew already that this would be the case, but I knew what I had to do. I had to help George somehow.

Even if it killed me...

-------------------------------------------------------
I'm about to flood all your houses with tears next chapter, I regret my life decisions. Also thank y'all so much for 100 votes! I am so happy with how far this book has come! Anyways hope you enjoyed getting two chapter's in one day! 

Cheers ~Frisco