Chapter Twenty-Six | Leaving *

~Clay's P.O.V~

I woke up with George looking at me with worry visible on his face. I could instantly tell something was wrong, I sat up.

"George?" I asked, concern plaguing my face.

"I have to leave, they're making me leave..." He started crying, tears streaming down his face. I brought him into a hug as tears quickly fell.

I knew it was to come, but why now?

"George... I... I can't do this! I want to go home with you!" I cried into his shoulder.

"I know, but they won't let you! I tried everything!" He let out a loud sob.

"Please, you can't go! There are so many things I want to do with you, it's too soon! I need more time!" Clay cried out in agony.

"We are out of time. Clay... I promise I will come back to you. I won't leave you here, I will be back, I just need the time... I can't do it here."

Neither of them could stop the tears from falling. They were too busy embracing each other to realize that someone had come behind both. They both felt a needle press into their skin.

I instantly pulled back in fear. It was different than the others. It made their vision blur. They couldn't see anything.

"George! George, I can't see!" He could probably hear me screaming somewhere in front of me. I reached out until I finally grabbed onto someone.

"George?" I asked and for some reason, I knew it was him.

"Yes, it's me, I'm here." He wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"I can't see anything!" I freaked out.

"Neither can I, but I got you, okay?" George held me tighter, putting his hand on my head, pushing me into his shoulder.

"Please George... I love you! Don't go!" I cried out desperately.

"I don't want to go!" George cried back, we just held tightly onto each other before the sedatives started kicking in.

George knew that he had to sit us down, we were going to get seriously injured. He pulled me to the floor with him putting me in what I can almost guess was his lap. I didn't want to let go and neither did him, but we had no choice when everything turned black.

I woke up in the bed, my vision had came back. I was somewhat still hazy, I jumped up looking around and my heart dropped. George was gone just like that.

I had never felt so broken inside. They wouldn't let me speak to George anymore, and I was once again on the I.V. Every time I would try to do anything, I would be sedated, no second to respond to that.

They tried to get me to do training, but there was only so much they could do for someone with clearly dangerous powers. Last time they tried, I almost killed someone, leaving the others seriously injured. Obviously, my training was working.

I was a hot mess, so most of the time I am just sedated or having a panic attack. Don't forget the nightmares. Feeling bad all the time sucked. I honestly had no will get out of bed.

~Bird's P.O.V~

If I said I didn't feel bad for Clay, I would be lying. He was so much different from George.

"Meeting room, let's go." Book came out of nowhere and left as soon as she came. I looked at Lock, before I sedated Clay, and left. When we arrived at the meeting room everyone was there, we looked over at the Site Director waiting for him to start.

"Our plan is a go, It's finally complete." He smiled, we all looked at him very confused.

"Okay? Well, what's the plan?" Lock finally spoke up, breaking the silence.

"You are." We all looked at him confused about what he meant.

"What the hell do you mean I am?" Lock was pissed, not understanding how he was the plan.

"You see Lock, I made this for our friend Dream." He smirked, and we all looked in shock at the green serum in front of us.

"What the hell does that have to do with me?!" Lock yelled clearly frustrated.

"You see Lock, you are going to be George's replacement." We all look at him, everyone was clearly bewildered.

"What the hell does that mean?! There's no way I can be George's replacement!" Lock was confused and angry, he didn't understand how that was possible.

"With this, you can. You see, my friends, this here changes all feelings he has for George for whoever he sees after he is injected." Lock was pissed, I felt horrible for both George and Clay.

"Why me?!" Lock complained.

"Because you are his babysitter, and you will continue to be." Of all the things the Director has done, this sounds like the worst thing.

~Clay's P.O.V~

I was having another one of my many panic attacks when someone entered, I was confused. They never let people in especially without a mask, He wasn't wearing one. He was the same size as me, he wore all black giving me a slight headache. He had black hair and blue eyes.

"Um, can I help you?" I asked, deciding not to attack. I was soon to realize; it wasn't a good idea not to attack.

"I go by Lock; I think you have heard me from time to time." I knew who I was talking to.

"Oh, the grumpy one?" I joked with him, and he clearly didn't like it.

"Oh, and you think I don't get annoyed with your bullshit!" He just made me laugh, Luckily, he pulled me out of my panic attack.

"I'm sure you do, but if you honestly think I care, you're dumber than I thought." I could see his face turn beet red with anger. He grabbed me and I struggled to get out, but I was weak once again.

"What the fuck?! Let me go you freak!" I continued to struggle to get out of his grasp, but it was useless. I felt a sharp pain in my neck, I noticed the needle he had in his hand. I screeched in pain.

Everything hurt, my nerves felt like they were on fire. I was about to attack him, but I couldn't for some reason. He handed me a phone before leaving the room, and everything went black.

Just like that everything was changing....