Chapter Thirty-Four | Over *

~Clay's P.O.V~

I heard the door loudly squeak, I knew someone had entered. I glanced sharply at the men, growling. Bird froze in fear, George wanted to know what was going on.

I trashed in my now loosened chains; Bird backed up near me, but not close enough to where I could harm her.

"Well, well, well, what do you know? Of course, Lock was right, there's a traitor within the facility." He folded his hands, Bird shook with fear, I let out a low growl.

"I wanted that traitor not to be you but it's just our luck isn't it?" He smirked, while he was talking to Bird, I took this chance to get ready to break out.

"Now hang up the phone." He pointed at the phone; Bird glanced toward me hanging up the phone. I took this time to break free from the tight chains wrapped around me.

I let out a sharp growl before charging at the men. My speed had now multiplied, the men didn't stand a chance as I bit into them. They screamed out in horror trying to get away from me. Without even thinking I got on all fours chasing the men, within that time, I had turned completely into a wolf. I sprinted out the door lunging myself at the remaining men. I don't know how many of them I had killed when I was stopped in my tracks.

"Dream!"

Bird screeched, I followed the sent, that I quickly learned. I took a sharp right turn, almost falling over. I sprinted down the halls, tell I got face to face with her and the guy in the mask. He held a knife to her neck.

"Step any closer and I swear to god, Dream, I will slit her throat!" I glanced at her panting loudly, she had tears rolling down her cheeks. I could smell the fear on her, I glanced behind me to the men slowly approaching me.

"Now be a good dog and lay down!" I took one last glance at her before laying my body down. I could see pity on her face.

"This isn't over!" I growled and spat, he let out a low chuckle.

"I'm sorry Dream, but it is." He gave the men the okay, they approached me. They forced a metal muzzle over my snout, tightening it as much as possible so it wouldn't come loose. They placed chains on each side of my muzzle.

"Get up!" One of them yelled to me, kicking me on the side. I grunted getting up, I watched as he released Bird, only for her to be grabbed by two men.

I was dragged through the long halls, I didn't know what was going to happen now, I was scared. It went on forever, I was panting still from running. I didn't want to fight back in fear of something happening to Bird. I

watched as another heavy door opened with alarms signaling it was opened. I was tugging against my restraints. The whole room was metal, they dragged me to a pole. They tied both the chains on the pole.

"Lay down." They looked at me sternly, I growled in response telling them I wasn't messing around.

I felt a needle hit my back and I yelped. There was only one thing that it could be, a tranquilizer dart. I let out a weak whimper, letting my legs give out.

Cuffs where placed around my paws, I grunted, I couldn't do anything but lay there and let it happen. I let out a weak growl, it didn't scare them they knew they had won. I watched as they exited, there sent drifting away from me....

-

I woke up with someone sitting across from me. I attempted to get up, with my paws chained together it made no difference. I grunted lifting my head up to look at the man. He had black hair and blue eyes, that seemed to sparkle.

"I'm guess your Clay? It's nice to finally meet you, properly" There was something different about this man, I couldn't understand what it was? He scooted closer to me; I gave him a low growl in retaliation.

"Don't be like that, Clay." He lifted his hand over my head petting me. I didn't understand why I let him do it, it was like something in me was letting this all happen.

I was tense at first but eventually gave into the touch. He scooted next to me and this time I did nothing, I laid my head on his lap. He continued to pet me; he had this calming aura surrounding him, yet he smelled stale...

~Bird's P.O.V~

I struggled against the men's grip, I was no wolf or Neko. I was no match, against the men. I was dragged through the long halls.

"Where the hell are you taking me!" I screamed looking at the men, on each side of me.

"Somewhere where you will learn the importance of what we are doing here, Zee." The Director now beside me spoke, I struggled more as they pushed me through the halls, I had a horrible feeling about this.

They took me into a concrete room, putting me against the pole. They chained my hands tightly behind me, they stepped back, and the Director approached me.

"I really wish this could have worked out better, but of course this had to be how it ended." I rolled my eyes.

"I trusted you!" He spat in my face; he knew I was afraid of him. If I learned anything from Clay, that is showing fear is weakness.

"You let me down Zee." He didn't make me guilty, he wouldn't win this time.

"Thanks to you our plan is working." I frowned, he didn't, no...

"Dream? Lock? It worked?" He smirked.

It can't be. Can it?

"Yes, it's all thanks to you. Thank you for all those tests you ran for us, because it is complete." I was out of words.

What do I even do now, It's over, and it's all my fault...

-------------------------------------------------------
Damn... This was the hardest chapter so far to write... It makes me depressed for both our Dreamy boy and Bird, but hey! Now you know Bird's name is Zee, isn't it a lovely name! No? I see your upset... I'll go now.

Stay Calm, Stay Alive
Onyx