Chapter Twenty-Four | Limits

~Clay's P.O.V~

I wanted him to let me go, but I knew there was no way. He gently laid us down and I snuggled into him. I did feel bad, but his warmth was blinding, and it made me feel better slowly.

"George?"

I asked, he hummed in response.

"Can I kiss you?"

I asked nervously, I wasn't used to this whole, whatever it's called.

He nodded in response. I cupped his face before taking in his lips. There was nothing else like this feeling and it was wonderful. I pulled back and brought him closer, eloping in his warmth. He wrapped his legs around mine to get closer. This was different than before. We wanted so bad to have each other's touch because we knew it wouldn't last. Eventually, I felt myself getting sleepy. Again, I wasn't sure if it was because I didn't get proper sleep for years, or because I was so comfy. Either way, I didn't care. I let sleep envelop me. I woke up to George's scent. He was watching me closely. I reached out for his hand and he unwrapped one of his hands from my waist and took my hand. He kissed it and rubbed his thumb over it.

"I love you, George,"

I blushed.

"I love you too,"

He replied, blushing as well. It made me remember the times when we would stream. I would say 'I love you' and he would never say it back. It filled me with great warmth every time he said it back.

"George?"

I asked and he smiled at me, telling me to go ahead.

"Can I see your chest?"

I asked nervously, I wanted to see the damage myself plus he was so nervous surrounding his chest, so I wanted to test his limits.

"Clay, I..."

He mumbled, I could tell he didn't want to, and I didn't want to push it, but I also didn't.

"Please?"

I begged, he looked at me in desperation.

"I won't do it with the cameras on."

He pointed to the cameras.

"Whoever is watching me... Lock, or whatever? Can you turn off the cameras if you're comfortable with it? You can keep on the audio."

I had no clue if they were going to do it, but I had to try.

"You have an hour."

The modified voice spoke after a few minutes. I smiled before turning back to George, fear warping his smile into a frown.

"It's just you and me, okay?"

I spoke quietly, trying not to scare the boy more. George nodded before unwrapping his arms from around me. We both sat up as he slowly removed his shirt. He put it on the bed and covered his chest swiftly. I peeled his arms away from his torso, getting a good look. All the wounds were nothing but huge scars now. I traced my finger over one and George flinched.

"What are you doing?"

He flinched again as I did the same to the other. I don't think it was because it hurt. I think he flinched because he was self-conscious about the scars.

"These aren't going away, are they?"

I didn't answer his question when I looked up at him still tracing the scars. I could find there were over five and they were all decently large.