Chapter Thirty-Three | Search *

~George's P.O.V~

I waited for another call from Bird, but it didn't come, meanwhile the group was preparing for travel. When buying tickets, they were denied. My guess was that the organization had shut down all access to air travel. It made everyone frustrated.

"Denied again" Casper looked over towards the group, everyone sighed.

"We aren't going to be able to fly, are we?" Casper looked at me then frowned.

"Even if I do manage to get tickets, it is very unlikely we will be able to get past security."

"Great we have no choice but to drive."

I grumbled; I knew this was going to be a lot harder than we thought.

~Bird's P.O.V~

I wanted to call George back, but they were all over me, run test on this, run tests on that. Little did I know that the tests I was running, were all on Clay.

I didn't know what they were doing to the boy. It wasn't until they handed me a bloody canine that I realized all the tests I was running were on Clay. I cleaned the canine inspecting it closely, it was the size of a normal wolf canine. The question was, was Clay a wolf? I sat down at my computer looking up "Human Wolf". It mainly came up with useless garbage. I stumbled a crossed a page. I clicked it and it gave me all the information I needed. "Nekos are a human animal hybrid, they have the tendency of a normal animal, which could include purring, whining, growling, etc. They also have the same look as human and know normal human speech. These hybrids can be extremely dangerous when their survival instincts or tendencies kicked in, causing them to lash out at anyone in sight.".

That's reassuring, I sighed, closing my laptop. I decided now was the best time as possible to look for Clay, it was late, and many people have already left for the day.

Thanks to the never-ending halls around the facility, I got lost. I had never been this far into the facility, I got tired. I had no clue where I was or where Clay was, I knew he was far away from human contact.

They knew nothing about him and what he could do in this state. I walked aimlessly through the halls. I thought by now, I would never find where he was kept. That was until I found a secure door at the end of the hall, I had never seen a door quite like this. I knew Clay had to be there, I attempted to open the door, but I quickly realized it had a hand scanner.

"Shit." I grumbled.

Of course it had to have a hand scanner. I placed my palm on the scanner and it flashed red, access denied. I sighed stepping back, I had to think this through.

I looked around, how was I going to do this now. I heard the door open and sat up getting behind the door. As soon as he exited, I grabbed the door sneaking in.

I spotted Clay in the middle of the room, he was chained around his chest and his arms. His head hung low; he was deep in sleep.

What did they do to him?

I walked over to him cautiously, He wasn't asleep he had passed out. I did the only logical thing now by taking a needle off the table near him. As soon as I injected him, he woke up glancing around frantically. I backed up to avoid an attack.

"Dream?" He glanced at me growling, I had never seen the boy like this. I have seen him angry when he attacked me, He wasn't like that, he was like a wild animal hunting his pray. He was foaming at his mouth in rage.

"Dream! Calm down it's me!" I tried to calm him; he was caught in a haze. He snapped at me; I couldn't act scared. He would think I'm weak, I couldn't seem weak to a wild animal in which he had become.

I couldn't lie to myself; I was terrified.

"Dream, listen I'm just here to help." I approached him with caution, he trashed in his chains getting close to my face before the chains held him back.

"Get away from me!" He spat, growling and clinching his teeth. I wanted to loosen his chains, then I would be putting myself in danger. There was only one way I could think of that could calm him down, but I don't know if it would work anymore. I got out my phone, dialing the number that I learned to know.

"George, I have a bit of a situation." I tried to keep as calm as I could.

"What? What's happening?" George was confused he was waiting for my call; he didn't know what he was going to get.

"I need your help calming Dream down." I waited for his okay before putting him on speaker.

"Clay?" He snapped out of it looking around.

"George?"

"Yes, it's me, what is happening."

I could see him wince in pain, shaking his head.

"Why don't I know you? I should know you?" He whined, looking down.

"Here Dream, I'm going to loosen the chains, please don't attack me." I approached him slowly, he watched me closely making sure I wasn't going to hurt him. I went behind him loosening the chins slightly but not enough where he could escape. He rubbed his wrists slightly; they were red from tugging.

"Is someone going to explain to me what happened or?" George spoke on the other line. I told as much as I could without giving him details.

"Dream got himself in lots of trouble, so he has gotten himself chain to a pole."

"And beatened!" He growled in the background, I hushed him.

"What do you mean? What did you do now?" I wanted to tell him, but I couldn't get myself to do it.

I heard the door open and I knew we were in trouble...

-------------------------------------------------------
Hello again my lovely readers! Sorry I really don't know too much about Nekos, but I know how Dream acts in the situation, so I wrote that! Anyways a somewhat chill chapter to make space for others Hehe.

Stay Calm, Stay Alive
Onyx