Chapter Eleven | Not

~George's P.O.V~

I felt so bad for him. All this time he had been dealing with all of this on his own and I never knew... How had I not known that his dad abused him? I wanted to beat myself up, how was I so oblivious to what was happening around me? I abruptly woke up by the sound of someone puking. I knew instantly who it was; I got up rushing into the bathroom. I walked in on Clay hurling all the work that I did down the toilet. Is this what happens when I leave? I shook my head, running over to Clay and rubbing his back soothingly as he threw up. After he was done, he pulled back and turned to me, breaking into tears in my arms.

"I'm sorry George! I'm so sorry."

He cried, I just held him as he slightly trembled.

"It's alright."

I knew he was not used to eating, that it would take time before he would be able to eat normally.

"You better take a shower, you probably feel gross."

I laughed; He wiped away his tears, pulling back from me. I smiled at him, grabbing some clean clothes and handing them to him before leaving the bathroom. I was scrolling through my social media when I heard a panicked yell. I rushed in, seeing Clay curled into a ball against the wall, crying.

"What's wrong?"

I glanced at him with worry; luckily the shower was blurred so I could not see anything but a blurry figure with teary eyes.

"I can't."

He cried out, covering his face with his hands.

"You can't what?"

"I can't do this if you're not here, George. I need you to stay here."

He sniffled, holding back the tears as he spoke with a shaky voice.

"Alright, I'm not going anywhere, okay?"

He smiled and stood up, I sat on the toilet, trying not to look at him as he showered.

"Alright uh... I'm coming out."

I got the memo and turned around, facing the wall.

"Okay, I'm good."

He laughed.

"Thank you, George..."

He smiled slightly, looking down embarrassed.

"It's alright, I understand."

I smiled back, hugging him.

"Now we should probably get back to bed, but this time I'm not gonna let you go."

I smirked, dragging him back to bed. When back under the covers, I wrapped my arms as tightly as possible around his waist, without crushing him of course. There was no way in hell I was letting him out of bed without me ever again... We dozed off quite easily; I mean, we were both pretty tired.

I woke up to a struggling Clay.

"What are you doing?"

I laughed, holding tightly onto the struggling boy.

"Nothing!"

He smirked, continuing with his attempt to escape.

"Are you trying to get away so I don't feed you?"

I smirked back at him; he watched me closely, looking for a way to escape my tight grasp.

"I would never!"

He pretended to look shocked, and I shook my head.

"Idiot, I'm not letting you go till I'm completely awake and ready to get you breakfast."

I laughed.

"But Georgeee!"

He whined.

"No buts."

I laughed; He frowned, giving up on escaping. He knew he was not getting away; I was stronger than him of course. He was nothing but skin and bones. I went back to sleep for a little longer before deciding to leave Clay's warmth and make us breakfast. Clay was happy that I finally let him go, but he knew there was nowhere to run.

"Please George, can we skip Breakfast? It's not that important. Most Americans don't eat it."

He begged, coming up with excuses.

"No way! In my country, I heard breakfast was the most important meal of the day!"

He looked up at me and whined.

"Ugh!"

"Now are you going to eat, or do I need to shove it down your throat?"

I sighed.

"Open your mouth or I'll do it for you."

No response; I took that as no and brought the food to his mouth. He allowed me to put it into his mouth. For a bit I was able to feed him before as always, I had to start shoving it down his throat. He got more and more difficult as I fed him. If only he would just allow me to do this, I was just trying to help. I struggled with him for a while before his plate was empty. I watched him closely, he started looking towards the bathroom I had a gut feeling that he was gonna go there so I quickly blocked the bathroom door.

"George!"

He begged while trying to push past me.

"No Clay I cannot let you destroy all the work we just did! Too much fighting you was required."

"Please!!"

He begged, I quickly brought him into a hug. I sat down cradling him on my lap as he cried. Eating was hard for Clay and it broke my heart. It is important to eat. We sat there for who knows how long; I noticed he was falling asleep on my lap so I took the sick boy to his bed, still cradling him. I refused to let go of him until he was feeling better. I laid him down and snuggled up close to him, he snuggled up so close to the point where I was being somewhat suffocated. I did not mind, anything to make him feel better and safe. I knew I had feelings for him, but I could not tell him that. After a while, he fell asleep. He might be taller than me, but he is nothing but skin and bones. It is heartbreaking to look at. Eventually, I fell asleep too.

I woke up to Clay poking me in the side constantly.

"What are you doing?"

I laughed trying to shuffle away from the position I was in without letting go of him.

"I need to use the restroom."

He looked down, I sighed in response.

"You want me to come with you, don't you?"

I couldn't help but blush.

"Yes..."

He looked up at me locking eyes with me, I picked the boy up.

"Georgeee!"

He whined.

"We are going to the restroom and I'm carrying you there."

I laughed, He giggled back as we made it to the restroom and I put him down. I turned towards the wall; he did his thing before sneaking up on me, making me jump.

"What the hell Clay!"

He laughed at me.

"Idiot."

"You gonna carry me back?"

He grinned at me, I smirked back before grabbing him by his waist.

"Yup."

I carried him back to bed cuddling with him.

This was a normal thing for us now.