Chapter Thirty-One | Animal *

~George's P.O.V~

I looked over at the group of strangers as well as my friends, there was this smoke of fog going through the air.

"So?" One of the hackers spoke up, I believe he said his name was Connor.

"You said you found him, Casper?" He looked over at the tall short haired girl.

"Duh, why else would I have called you all here?" There was a tight tension in the air, no one knew what was about to come.

"Care to tell us where he is?" Casper stood up standing next to me and Nick.

"Clay is very far from here." Clay just had to be far from us. Everyone was waiting for the girl to speak.

"Where is he? We don't have time to wait around!" I was getting frustrated; it didn't help that I was oh so tired. I haven't slept since Clay forgot about me.

How am I supposed to sleep when all that I think of is Clay?

"He's in California, Miami to be exact." We all looked at each other, giving our attention back to Casper.

"Are you serious, that's like forty hours away!" I was annoyed, how long did they have him drugged for?

"I know, we believe he recently move locations to Miami; it is our belief that they were in Florida but moved." 

They moved Clay forty hours away from me!

"It is going to take a while to get to him, it won't be easy, their security is insane, so is their fire walls." They did have humans with superpowers in there.

"Will we be able to pull it off?" I asked, the girl smirked.

"Of course, you got yourself the best hacker, it might take a while though to get passed all the fire walls."

Thank god for Casper.

"Kale, let's go we have work to do." She looked over at her assistant, she nodded. I watched as the exited the room the last two hackers followed behind. It's about time went to find Clay.

⚠️ Trigger Warning: Torture ⚠️

~Bird's P.O.V~

I rushed out the door not long after everyone left. It took me a bit before I was able to find them. Clay was laying on the floor out cold, but something startled me. Clay had somehow grown a tail and ears. The others were inspecting him closely trying not to get too close in case he woke again. 

"What the hell happened?" I questioned looking over Clay, they were poking and prodding the boy. 

"My guess the effects of the injection we gave him?" One of the scientists had said forcing Clay's mouth ajar. They inspected his mouth, which was now lined with sharp canines.

What had they done to him?

They messed with him and I held back my anger. They threw chains around the boy tightening them as much as possible. The guards picked up the boy taking him back to his cell, at least that's what I thought but things have changed.

I followed the men to a dark concrete room. I looked at them before speaking.

"Is this necessary?" They looked over at putting Clay down harshly on the floor, it made me wince feeling Clay's pain.

"Yes, he killed two guards." I wanted to scream at them just to leave Clay alone, but I knew they had orders they had to follow.

I watched in horror as they chained the boy to a metal pole that sat in the middle of the room. Why are they doing this to him. They attached the I.V onto his left arm before gaging him. I wanted to leave, I wanted to take Clay with me, away from here.

I decided to disobey orders and left to my office, I was nervous.

Am I really going to do this. What if I get caught?

I had to tell George what they were doing to Clay, it was not humane. I picked up my phone instantly dialing George.

~George's P.O.V~

When I got called by an unknown number, I was afraid to pick it up but where Clay was anything was possible. I answered the phone to a somewhat startled girl, I soon to realize it was Bird.

"Bird?"

"Listen George, I have to be quick, so they don't know I'm talking to you." Her voice sounded hush like she didn't want others to hear her.

What did she know?

"I'm listening." She sighed before whispering into the phone.

"Clay got himself in a lot of trouble and escaped." This can't be good; I can only guess what kind of madness they had planned for him.

"Alright? So, what are they doing to him?" I was scared to tell him.

"They got him chained up to a pole with a gag, as far as I know they plan on doing tests on him." I was in shock.

Why do they even need to do that?

"Why?"

"George, they did something to Clay something really bad." She was panicking, I could hear it in her voice, she was scared.

"Tell me what they did to him!?"  I needed to know.

"I uh I got to go, I'll call again soon, keep your eyes out for unknown numbers because I have to destroy this phone."

She was about to tell me something important and now she's leaving?

"Um alright."

I had find out what Bird was trying to tell me.

I paced around the room deciding to tell the others as much as it twisted my stomach to talk about it. I walked into the room where Zak was laying on Darryl's lap looking up at him before turning his head towards me. He could see the worry on my face. Nick looked towards me getting up.

"Guys Clay is in trouble; we have to find him and quick."

We need to find him before they seriously hurt him....

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello! How's it going, I know you're going to yell at me or whatever, but I like to torcher you guys! If you think this chapter is bad wait for the next one. Hehe

Stay Calm, Stay Alive
Onyx