『 CHAPT. 17 』

© 𝐞𝐱𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐬, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎

❝ the beginning. ❞

             Taymor adjusted the medical face mask back over his nose, his legs lightly swaying off the side of hospital bed. He was currently at his first doctors appointment— alone, seeing as they wouldn't allow anyone else to attend. Joseph decided to just stay in the car and wait, finally ready to see his child's for the first time. Tay waited patiently for his doctor to come into the room, exchanging a few texts with Joe. Eventually, a small knock sounded on the door before in walked his doctor, causing him to put his phone away. " Hello, Taymor. How are you feeling hun?" the women asked, taking a small scan over her patients appearance.

" I'm fine, for now." Taymor replied, his response coming out as an slight joke but he was serious also. The woman gave him a questioning look before she gestured for him to continue. " Well, it's been the same ever since I first found out I was pregnant," he continued, a small yawn escaping his lips. " The nausea, the on and off fevers. They continued over the past few weeks." he finished, earning a small nod from his doctor. She wrote some down the symptoms onto her clip board before she stood up, leaning her head out the door to call out to a nurse.

" Ok, Taymor. You know, for the safety of the baby, I can't give you anything too strong," she started, squirting hand sanitizer into her hands before she rubbed them together. " I'll send some acetaminophen to your pharmacy, it's like tylenol," she continued, pulling blue medical gloves onto her hands soon after. Soon, a nurse walked in with the sonograph machine, indicating that it was time for Taymor to receive his ultrasound. The small boy nodded to his doctors previous words, laying down onto his back as he watched her. " And I'll also be sending your prenatal vitamins, you have to take those every day. Preferably right after you have your first meal."

Taymor took all the information in, noting to his self to make an reminder to take his vitamins everyday on his phone. He watched as the woman walked over to him, pulling his shirt above his stomach. He relaxed his body, allowing all of his worried to leave him without any hesitation. A shiver went up his spine as his doctor rubbed the cold jelly around his stomach, sending him a reassuring smile as she picked up the sonograph camera, beginning to rub it across his belly slowly. Both of their eyes glued to the screen— a gasp sounded in the room at the sound of a baby's heartbeat. Taymor's hands clamped over his mouth as a small dot suddenly appeared on the screen, along with a small but evident thumping sound.

" And there's your baby, Taymor." she said, a smile across her face as she pointed to the small grey dot on the screen. Tears began to well up in Tay's eyes as he quickly pulled out his phone, beginning to record the special moment happening in front of him. This was so new to him— so amazing and heart warming. He would be welcoming another human in the world soon and he was filled with happiness about it.

⤵︎

" Listen, baby.. That's our baby," Taymor said, leaning back into his boyfriends embrace as he played the video. Joe grabbed the phone out of the boys hand, holding the speaker up to his ear. If the man wasn't so happy, he would cry. Everything was so new to the couple, the happiness, the new memories and now? A new baby. It was almost overwhelming, but they were enjoyed nonetheless. " That's her heartbeat, she's really there."

Joseph smiled glancing down at his boyfriend who was now holding ultrasound papers in his hand. He watched as Taymor held the pictures very gently, as if they were the baby itself. Tay stared down at the black and white pictures, his thumb caressing the side of it gently as a small smile plastered onto his face. He laid his head onto his boyfriends shoulder as he just studied the pictures, wondering what the little person would be like when he or she gets here. " You thinks it's a girl?" Joe questioned, his hand circling around the boys waist, gently massaging his hip.

Taymor shrugged his shoulders, hugging the pictures gently to his chest. Tay sighed in comfort, his eyes closing as he hummed at the soothing sensation of his boyfriend caressing his side. The two of them couldn't wait to meet this baby of theirs— they both thought on how his or her's personality would be, their skin color, eye color and so much more. They found themselves falling in love with someone who hasn't even arrived just yet, but the feeling was there and they couldn't deny it. Suddenly, a ring sounded throughout the room and Taymor quickly grabbed his phone. It was an unknown number. He scrunched his face up, before he sluggishly pressed the green button, holding the phone up to his ear.

Joseph stared down at the boy curiously, watching his face make many different expressions. " Yes, that's my grandmother. Who's asking?" Tay questioned, continuing to listen to the person. Joe watched as the boys eyes widened, tears filling them immediately— he looked as if he saw a ghost. " I-I— oh my goodness. I'm on my way to the hospital!" the small boy rushed out, hanging up the phone and instantly jumping out of his seat. Joseph stood to his feet, confusion written all over his face as he watched the boy quickly rummage around the room.

" Tay, baby what happened?" he asked, reaching out to grab the frustrated boy— attempting to calm his down. Taymor allowed the tears to run down his cheeks, his breathing getting rugged due to the newly built congestion in his nose. He was beginning to hyperventilate, causing Joseph to take him into his arms. " Calm down, ma. The stress ain't good for the baby," Joe whispered, placing a kiss to his forehead. " What happened?"

Tay slowly looked up to the man in front of him, his eyes watering all over again. His voice cracked as he began to speak, " M-my grandmother.. she had a stroke."

❝ ASSITANT

❝ ASSITANT. ❞
© 𝐞𝐱𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐬, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎