chapter 27

YUNA'S POV

when chaewon left our room my classmates were gathered to where me and aiden were. aiden pulled both of us out and we left our room. we walked to the school grounds and sat on a near bench. there were a few people here but overall it was pretty quiet.

"i-i guess i owe you an explanation"

"y-yuna being friends with you for almost 5 years is one of the best things that happened to me. you being by my side during my hard times helped me alot" i stayed silent as he spoke.

"but in the last 3 years the way i looked at you.. changed" i froze.

"w-what do you mean?" i looked at him and he held my hands.

"i started to have feelings for you. i was always nervous when you're around, i wouldn't know how to react. i always wanted to impress you and help you even in the smallest ways"

"i tried to stop but i couldn't. you're the most sweetest and nicest person i met" i was taken aback.

"a-aiden i.." i felt really guilty not noticing his efforts for me.

"t-this is sweet but-"

"you like someone else.." he sighed. i was shocked on how he knew i like someone else.

"h-how did you know?"

"you were pretty obvious about liking mark" he chuckled a little but i felt that he was hurt.

"i still confessed even though i knew i didn't have any chance with you. i just wanted to get the feelings i've been keeping to myself for 3 years out" i heard him sobbed. this is breaking my heart.

"a-aiden i-" he stood up.

"w-we're still friends right?" he was getting teary-eyed.

"o-of course.." he handed me a rose which he was hiding in his back the whole time.

"i'll need time to.. think about this. sorry for leaving you hanging like this" he left me here alone and i just stared at the wall.

i grabbed my phone and dialed chaewon.

"h-hey uh chaewon can you come by at the school grounds?"

"why? is something wrong?"

"j-just come here quick" i ended the call and looked down the ground.

a few minutes have passed and i saw that someone was blocking the light. i looked up and saw that it was chaewon.

"hey girl, are you alright?" she sat down next to me.

"a-aiden confessed to me"

"he finally did, what happened?"

i explained her what haooened and i felt terrible again. i put both of my hands in my face.

"this is my fault, what if he hates me?"

"he doesn't hate you silly. he said he needed to think, let's give him some space a bit" chaewon hugged me and i hugged her back.

"classes are almost over, how do you wanna enjoy your time?"

"i don't know maybe talking to mark" i didn't realize i said that aloud. i looked at chaewon with wide eyes.

she grabbed my phone and i instantly tried to grab it from her. "h-hey chaewon i was just joking!"

"heya mark!! yuna said she wanted to talk to you so yeah!" i saw that it was a video call. my face instantly became red when i saw mark.