Part 24

Alessia:

The car ride was silent. I think we were both trying to understand what just happened and if it was even true. A part of me still doesn't fully trust Serafine. Why didn't she let her mate take over and kill me or James. She would finally get her revenge. My mind is swirling with thoughts as I try to understand this. My hearts swarms with crazy emotions, the most prominent one is fear.

As we walk up to the castle door my mate reaches for my hand. He stops causing me to look back at him with confusion. "We are going to figure this out. Just meet some of our people and then after my meeting we can get started on looking for a solution to our problem." He says before bringing my hand up to his mouth and kissing the back of my hand.

I take a deep breath and pull my hand away from his. He open the front door and we are immediately greeted with a swarm of people. We begin to walk through the crowd and people touch my shoulder and hair. When I glance at someone they smile and look over at a friend.

Men gaze at me lustfully, I hope my mate doesn't see. James stops in his tracks and I stop as well. I look up at him and he is seething with anger. He looks at the males who looked at me lustfully. I take it they said something my mate didn't like. He detached his hand from mine and stalked over to the group of young adults.

"Now, you young men knew that I could hear you. You know that I do not play when it come to my family members and sure as hell not my mate." He says in a dangerously low tone. The group of males looked slightly frightened but there was one with sandy brown hair and freckles who had a daring look in his eyes.

He probably broke hearts, I can smell his ego from here. This is the first time I have seen James as a King. It's kind of scary but in a sexy way. Like when he has me tied up in the bed. My mate continues to speak, "You are to respect her. I don't care how attractive, or sexy she is." He says while looking at the guy who i'm guessing called me sexy causing me to blush. The sandy brown haired one steps up.

"By all means King, you might be over reacting." The sandy brown haired boy says. My mate walks closer to his body and whispers something in his ear. I know it was something bad because of the way the boys eyes widen and his face paled.

"James. It's fine, let's go." I tell him noticing that we have an audience. But almost like he didn't hear me he grabs the boys head and snaps it. His dead body falls to the ground and my mouth opens in shock. My eyes begin to water. "Why would you do that?!" I yell at James but he just looks at me and walks away. I don't care how much of a King you feel you need to be but you sure as hell don't go around killing people.

The people look at me waiting to see my next move. I had no idea what to do. I walked up to the group of boys that were shell shocked and sad. They looked at me with confusion just as I realize that there is nothing I could say. Megan soon pulled me away from the crowd. We begin to walk down a long hallway.

Tears begin to stream down my eyes uncontrollably. Megan looks at me and pulls my body to hers, in a hug. "He just killed him. Th- th- there was no remorse in his eyes." I tell her why crying on her shoulder. "Then he just left." I continue. Megan strokes my hair as I continue to cry on her shoulder.

"He is a very Ruthless king. All the terrible things you've heard about him have probably been true. You just have to get used to it." She tells me and I grunt.

"Fuck that! I will be damned if I let him continue to kill someone over something so small. No one deserves that." I tell her as I pull away from her hug. "Does the boy have any family members here?" I ask Megan.

"Yeah he does. But he only had his mother." She tells me and I nod.

"Can you help me find her." I ask Megan while wiping off my tears. She nods slightly but her face is laced with confusion. If that boys mom was his only family then that means he was her only family. I need to help her.