5: Chi Blocking and Bloodbending (short chapter)

"Last night, Korra challenged Amon to a duel. He warned her that he had more sinister plans for her and that her time was coming to an end soon. I decided, with mom's help, that it was time for me to come out as the Avatar. It was my destiny, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't run from it."

While the Fire Ferrets trained for their big upcoming championship, Ally was training in something else. The art of chi blocking, the ability to temporarily take away someone's bending by attacking certain pressure points in the body. She had been studying equalist's for a little while and was able to locate the pressure points and stun her mother. 

"Atta girl!" Lin praised, her bending was gone for a little bit, and she rubbed her arms, trying to get feeling back into her body. "I'd hug you, but I don't have a lot of feeling in my arms. That was good, I think you've got this chi blocking thing down."

"Hey, now I can chi block some of the equalist's," Ally chuckled. "They won't know what hit them, literally. But mom, can I talk to you about something?"

"Of course," Lin replied. 

"I think I know how to bloodbend," Ally blurted out. "I was reading about it and I can do it. I never want to use it, i just wanted to tell you."

"Ally, how did you learn bloodbending?" Lin asked. 

"Reading one of Katara's journals," Ally explained. "She wrote down details about it, and how she never wanted to learn it. It's basically bending the water in someone's blood during a full moon."

"That's illegal, you know that," Lin said cautiously. 

"Yes," Ally responded. "I know. I never want to use it."