32: The Red Lotus

"Aiwei was the one who betrayed everyone, I knew there was something fishy about him! The one time I don't listen to my gut, it turns out that the guys are working with a psycho. Sounds about right, good going, Ally."

The group rode all night and Naga led them to a village, tracking Aiwei's scent. The village wasn't in great shape, clay and dirt houses lined a wide road that had tire grooves all around it.

"He's been here?" Ally asked, patting Naga's flank. The polar bear dog put her nose to the ground and sniffed around as if saying yes, he passed through.

"Good girl," Korra rubbed her polar bear dog's ears and hopped off the saddle. They all went into a pub that had two frayed curtains as the door. It was full of hash looking man with daggers and swords. They stared menacingly at Korra and her friends, checking to make sure they were the real deal. Wanted posters covered the wall of the pub, telling everyone to look out for them, they were wanted for crimes against the earth empire and wanted by the queen.

"Oh, wonderful," Ally groaned. "So, now the queens gonna kill me, along with my mom." She was fiddling with an envelope in her pocket, a note to Lin. 

"If I see her stupid smirk again, I'm gonna-" Korra started. 

"Hey, everyone," Asami pushed Korra back as the men in the pub started to draw their weapons.

"Let's go." Ally slammed her foot down, causing rocks to shove each person into the ceiling, then she released her grip and sent them tumbling down. Back in Zaofu, Lin was ready to leave. 

"Do you know where everyone is?" She asked. "I've been meaning to leave."

"Good morning, Lin," Su replied cheerily. "Now don't be angry, Korra and Ally are fine. I'm waiting for news to see if they were able to track down Aiwei."

"What now?" Lin snapped. "You let Korra to track down a secret agent working with a man who tried to capture her, and tried to kill my daughter. And you let Ally go with her?! You told me we were on the same page, and then you betray me by risking my kids safety?"

"You're being dramatic," Su chuckled.

"You would be too if it was your daughter!" Lin snapped. 

"She's growing up, you can't watch and oversee her every move," Su replied.

"I can darn well try," Lin grumbled and stormed off. Meanwhile, Korra, and Ally hopped back onto Naga and she went after Aiwei's scent again, after a little while of running, she found something. Ally put her hand on the ground and felt the vibrations around her. 

"Korra, you see the rock in front of me?" She asked, her eyes closed. "Can you move it?" Korra took a strong stance and moved her arms to get the rock out of the way. Aiwei's Jeep sat behind the rock and Naga nosed Korra in the back. 

"Sorry, Naga, I don't have any treats for you," Korra told the polar bear dog. She rubbed Naga's ears and got a tail to the face in return. Asami inspected the Jeep while Mako and Bolin investigated the Misty Palms Oasis nearby. The oasis was home to spirits and humans alike, and had brick shops and houses. Korra sat on a rock, hugging her knees to her chest, wondering what Zaheer wanted. 

"Korra, it's okay to be mad," Ally told her. "I don't know what Zaheer wants either." 

"What's his plan, his motive?" Korra asked. 

"I think I found something," Asami announced, she was holding a little slip of paper. "Xai Bau's Grove, at sundown."

"That could be where Aiwei and Zaheer are meeting," Korra told her.