14: Summary

Authors note: I'm not going to write a chapter for the next three episodes because it doesn't have a lot to do with Ally. So I'll give a summary of what happened for those 3 episodes. 

Unalaq took Korra to the South Pole to open an ancient spirit portal, and on their journey, Korra learned about her fathers history with dark spirits. He was banished for unleashing dark spirits onto the tribe after destroying a sacred forest. Unalaq took everyone to the southern spirit portal and Korra was able to open it, starting the South back on their spiritual path. Unalaq brought his armies into the southern water tribe and sealed them off from everyone else.

A few days passed and the southern water tribe started to get restless, they didn't want Unalaq in their tribe. The two tribes were on the brink of civil war, one more slip and it could be catastrophic. There was an assassination attempt against Unalaq, and Korra thought it was her dad leading it, but it wasn't. The south and north went to war even though Korra and her dad tried to stop it. Tonraq and Senna were arrested and accused to conspiring to assassinate Unalaq. 

Unalaq put the rebels and Korra's parents on trial, and it went quick. The judge made his decision quick, and sentenced everyone, except Senna. They were charged with treason and sentenced to death, Korra's father was in the group that was sentenced. Unalaq asked the judge to spare their lives and he agreed, sentencing them to life in prison. Korra confronted the judge and forced him to speak, otherwise Naga would eat him. The judge revealed that he was working for Unalaq and that he has no say in how the trial went. He told Korra that Unalaq got her father banished, and rigged the trial so it would appear fair. Unalaq wanted Tonraq out of the way, at whatever cost. He sent Korra's father to the north to serve out his sentence. They rescued Tonraq and the rest of the rebels and learned the truth about the northern chief. He got Tonraq banished, was a liar and a traitor, and started a civil war.