Prologue

A/N: Hi everyone. This will be my second fanfic, which will be about Izuku and Ochako and their inevitable relationship as well as their other relationships with their friends and family. The twist is that this will be a universe without quirks, so we'll see if they really are destined to be, no matter the circumstances.

I was going to release this once I finished my first fanfic, but I just hit 100 votes on said fanfic, so I thought I would do something special to commemorate it. If you want to check that story out then you go to my profile and then click on the story called Big Sis Nejire: Izuku x Ochako.

Since this is a quirkless universe, I've changed all of the ages of the characters and some of their relationships. For example:

- All of the characters in class 1-A are now 18 years old so that UA being a university makes more sense

- Eri will be 14, just because I think that the story will be more interesting with this age dynamic, as she will be Izuku's younger sister

- All of the third-year students will be 20-21 based on the timescale of the story, e.g: Nejire, Mirio, Tamaki, etc.

- Himiko Toga will be 19 years old and she will be a "normal" person (as in not a villain) and she will be Nejire's cousin, because they are both somewhat similar, considering their somewhat childish demeanor.

- Camie Utsushimi will also be in this story, and she will be Katsuki Bakugo's girlfriend, because why not? And it could be a plot device that might be helpful in the future.

- Speaking of Katsuki Bakugo, since quirks don't exist, he wouldn't really have the same ego boost that made him so hostile towards Izuku, so he isn't a bully, but he will still have banter with him as that's still a part of his personality, quirk or not.

- In Japan, it's quite common for husbands to take their wives' last names. And since we don't know who took who's surname in the show, regarding Inko and Hisashi, I'm gonna assume that Hisashi took Inko's surname, which would, in turn, be Midoriya. This just makes things easier to write

And that's all the main changes I can think of for now. If any others arise then I will make sure to tell you guys.

As for when I'll update this story I'll be alternating on which story I work on, so this week is this story, so then next week I'll update my other story and vice versa.

P.S: Some swearing and slight gore in this chapter, if you aren't comfortable then scroll past it, just wanted to let you all know.

But, enough with the introductions and let's begin the story:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life. Some call it a blessing, others call it a curse. To some, it is a journey and to others it is torture. But one thing will stay the same no matter what: it isn't what you achieve that makes life worth living or how much fame, success, and wealth you attain either: it's the memories, happiness and most importantly, the people in your life that make it worth living. Izuku and Eri Midoriya have experienced all of these things and more, as they too made their way through the thrills and perils of life.

But for Izuku something was missing. Someone. It all began 13 years ago, and nothing has been the same ever since...

(Flashback, Izuku is 5 and Eri is 1.)

"Hisashi stop! Just talk to me please! We can work this out just don't leave us!" Inko yelled through tears as Hisashi Midoriya walked towards the door of their apartment, back turned, not looking back for even a second. Until now.