Hello. New chapter coming, but before then-

Hello you guys! I have some thing's I want to talk about.

I'll be posting this at the beginning of the story and here. With warnings and information. Mostly just the beginning of this chapter will go in the beginning. The second part if for this chapter specifically. I just want readers now to read my first part and new readers too.

The first thing I want to talk about is shipping Woosan. It may seem like because i'm deadass writing a fic about them and them being lovers that I ship them as such. I really don't. Their looks are simply my muse. I don't sit here and particularly fantasize and hope that in real life, they get together. I'm able to separate MY character's I write from the actual person.

Clearly the ways i'm portraying them is not how they act in real life. I've seen a lot fo atiny make others feel bad about shipping them or simply just calling them woosan. They themselves has called them that and I understood clearly it was in a friendship kind of spirit. I just want to make that clear. I think it's ok to ship, mostly on a platform like this because Ateez don't be on here so they won't see and get uncomfortable.

I almost want to go back and change the names and make it clear who I am thinking about it in my head. Because I don't want to come across as one of those fans who really think every member in kpop is gay with their other band mate. Like noooo. Sometimes there's those little moments they have with eachother that makes me go all soft, but I still won't sit here and think they are going out or sum.

What do you guy's think?

No. That's not me.

Second thing. These motherfuckin braids. I'm black if you guy's didn't know. I'm going to take you guys through this whole thing and my feelings on everything. No I do not speak for every black atiny, but my final thoughts will be what a MAJORITY of us think.

When I first saw the pictures I didn't even notice them tbh. His ski glasses was in the way, until my white friend pointed them out. 💀 And my response was, "Didn't pirates have braids?" And then I told her I think it's all good because they aren't cornrows {or so they seemed in the beginning} that was going all the way down to his neck. I thought it was like San's case for the halloween performance. I feel like those are ok because at one point it was a TREND for EVERYONE to get a philly fade and have a man bun or braids up top. And no one said anything. Jeremy Lin. A player in a black dominant sport, if anything I saw a lot of black girls be like, "Ok lightskin Jeremy." Because he simply wasn't wearing them to try and portray being black or I think at the time not everyone was so sensitive about these things.

I'm still on the fence of people having THAT particular hairstyle.

But having cornrows. Big NO. And if you're hair isn't the right texture, why even go thru the pain to wear them? I don't care if you simply appreciate our culture, just no. Some thing's are VERY secret to us because of the history and how we are ridiculed for even wearing those hairstyles. Little girl's be sent home because they have braids. Deeming them a distraction for the other kids so then they have to take them out.

We don't wear them because they just look good, but because it's a good way to conceal out hair so we won't have to do it every morning. Helping it to grow and just stay out of our to do list. Having natural hair, curly, kinky, coily. It's a LOT of upkeep.

It's just an easy way for us to keep up with our hair.

History behind it is that slaves used to use the patterns of the braids for escape routes and used as a map. Used to put dry rice inside the braids for food later on when their masters deprived them of food.

So for people to only see us wearing these braids, when yes a lot of rappers and hip hop artists use braids, but not for the aesthetic and ajority of them will almost always be black and that's just our culture. When people just see it as making them come across more hood or black. It's disrespectful. No matter if you saw it and wanted it because you liked h the look of it.