Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

Jaganmohan Palace in Mysore, India...

The art gallery or show in the auditorium isn't what that brought the former vampire king to this palace. It was a message he had received two years prior that told him to meet here on this date, at this time. So many things have changed. He remembered a time when this building was not here, when the landscape was much different. It was a long, long time ago. The former king was weary of this life and wanted to move on.

His love had long passed giving birth to their son. His heart had been ripped to shreds and if it wasn't for the promise he had made to his Beloved, to look after their child, he would give sought his own death. Even from birth, blood was on his son's hands. Had the former king a chance to rewrite history, he would kill the monster before it could have fully taken root.

But it was too late. His son looked so much like his mother that it had been almost impossible to deny him anything. But that indulgence caused him to lose everything including the link he had to his Eternal One. Now history was about to repeat itself but not now, not under his watch. He knew what he had to do.

Music began to play as dancers took to the stage. Dressed in bright orange the group swayed and bounced in rhythm to the beat. The auditorium seat next to him was suddenly occupied. The woman's blond hair gleamed despite the dim light.

"Give me one good reason why I should trust you?" she demanded in a low tone.

The royal blood in his veins did not appreciate the disrespect but reasonably he had no right to be angry. If reversed, he doubted he would have showed up to meet himself.

"If you had another option. You wouldn't be here right now."

"You're a rabbit offering to hide a gazelle from a lion and jackal. Forgive my mistrust, King Manassah."

"I have not been king for probably more decades than you've had years, Lady Anna. Just call me Darius."

^Darius Manassah^

^Darius Manassah^

"As you wish, your majesty," she said as her lips pressed in a disapproving line at the informality.

"Where is the power source?"

"Surely you aren't expecting me to just provide you with that information."

"You've betrayed the people who had called themselves your friends and abandoned your mate when he needed you." the man said, "We both have a reason to be leery I suppose."

Lady Anna stood, "Follow me."

^"Lady" Anna Cloud Smythe^

--------------------

The Shivanasamudra waterfalls near Mysore were beautiful. Hidden in the landscape was a small open that one had to crouch through to get into an underground cavern. The dark cave was lit enough for their vampire eyes to see clearly. Leading him further than the entryway, Lady Anna struck a match to light a lantern. The passage was a narrow squeeze that took several twists and turns.

Reaching what appeared to be a dead end, Lady Anna moved to the wall of rock and reached behind a boulder that hid a crevice. She retrieved a small case. It was covered in protection spells and complicated locks he hadn't seen in centuries. The front was made of Clear Steel, which looked like glass but was virtually indestructible by supernatural standards.

Inside the case was a small bluish stone with a white 5-point star on top. Power radiated from it giving the surface a glowing appearance in the dim light. Darius observed it in awe.

"It's hard to believe that something so small could be so destructive."

The light caught another item hidden away. "What is that?"

Lady Anna hesitated seemingly having an inward battle. She moved over and pulled out a long case. Darius had to move back into the tunnel so that she could set it on the floor. Opening the lid, a sword was revealed. "An Ebony sword." he said in amazement. "Beautiful item."

"Yes. one of the only things that can kill a reaper. A witch named Lucy claims to have made them."

The former king's brow furrowed, "That's not possible." he said.

"What do you mean?"

"The Ebony swords were made by Ebony Black. She was the sister of Ivory White. The swords were made before her death. This particular sword belonged to the Sorcerer Bartholomew. He was killed in the last battle."

Lady Anna was confused, she knew the witch and had commissioned her to build the prison cages. Wanting to see a sample of her work, Lucy had showed another Ebony sword to her and entrusted it to her care. Could the witch have been playing her all this time?

"So what is it that you proposed to do with this item?" Darius asked, bringing Lady Anna's attention back to the 5-point star.

"The only place we can put this is where no one can reach. A place of divine magic in either the angel realm or the demon realm. Ivory White linked this stone to Prince Gairim's blood. You could possibly open a portal to the demon realm as well since he is your son. Once opened we throw it in."

"And then what?"

"Demons once held divine magic that has been turned into destruction. Divine magic is the only thing that can destroy this power source."

"Then why not put it into the angel realm?"

"If angels were so trustworthy then a third wouldn't have been cast down from the heavens."

Darius nodded, "Good point."

"We would have to open the portal underwater so that the demons can't escape. We'll also need a talisman to ward off demons who might try to possess us. With everything going on we don't have time to perform an exorcism."

"So if you're trying to destroy the star and stop Gairim. Why betray the trust of the Protector who would have been your greatest ally."

Lady Anna was silent for a moment.

"There are traitors everywhere... even in Cub Creek."

===========================

Dun Dun DUUUUUNNNNNN... Don't think people, who are fans of this story and its characters, are going to like me very much by the end of this book.

Comment, vote, share, and follow for updates.