Chapter 66 (Mature Content)

CHAPTER 66 (MATURE CONTENT)

Location Unknown...

Haggai sat at a small table in the corner of the cafe/comic book store sipping a cup of chai tea. He had received a message to come here. The door opened and the bell jangled in a cheerful ring. The tall gentleman stood out among the college and high school students that were browsing the shelves or sipping coffee. Walking to the back where Haggai sat he took a seat.

"Geia sas, o paliós mou fílos." ["Hello, my old friend."]. Haggai greeted in Greek.

"Palíos fílos." ["Old friend."] Athens replied.

"It's been a long time. How's Shula?" Haggai asked.

"She's well." Athens leaned forward. "After all this time, why now?"

Haggai looked tired and worn, "I miss my Vixen. After all these millennia you would think I would have moved on or forgotten but I haven't. With Prince Grim's return and the conspiring of others, it is only a matter of time before Ivory is brought back. Only this time we will have a chance to end her. We have the advantage, a Protector, and a Plan." Meeting Athens' intense gaze, he continued, "You remember. You were there when we drew it out."

"We also have the 'Three.' They decide the 'Doomed Eternity' and we cannot interfere."

Haggai looked down. "It's only a matter of time." he insisted.

Athens sighed. Standing he adjusted his coat. Reaching into his pocket, he retrieved a small vial, set it on the table, and left the cafe without a word.

------------------

Sprite Kingdom...

Lee sat on a bench staring out the window. Reilly had decided to return with the Queen since there was a concern with a breach in one of the portals. Lee asked to go with them wanting to escape his grief. Lee's mother had died when he was young and his father took over the role of both parents. It wasn't easy and Lee admired his father's dedication to his children. His older brother, Marcus, had already begun to take over the role of leader tracker from his father. Lee supposed that he would become a tracker as well but it always made him feel unsettled like there was more to his destiny than this.

His brother was newly mated and had already moved out into his new home. Lee had no desire to play third wheel to a newly mated couple nor did he want to be trapped with all the memories of the now empty house. So here he was among the Sprites. He had looked into the portal breach and discovered that a nymph was using it to meet with a human lover. The queen offered her the choice to remain or join the human world. She chose her lover and had discovered that she was pregnant.

"Love conquers all, I guess." Lee said to his wolf, Regan.

Regan huffed disinterestedly. Lee often wondered about his wolf. Other guys his age were always telling him that their wolves were forever talking about finding their mates. His wolf could care less. Even when Lee brought it up Regan would just turn away and go silent. It frustrated Lee but he hoped that Regan would start to act "normal" when they found their mate.

A knock on his bedroom door distracted him. "Come in."

Dona walked into his room and took a seat on the bed, "Want to talk?"

"Not particularly." Lee said.

"You know I was married with children when I merged with this witch's spirit." Dona scooted back until she was leaning against the wall. "I was supposed to have died. Instead I watched as the years went by and my husband grew old and died. Then my children. I became a hermit where no one could see me except for my descendants. Eventually they stopped coming around. No one knows or remembers me except for my great great granddaughter, Rita, and her child. Not that I've seen them for quite a few years."