Chapter 31

CHAPTER 31

Hezekiah finished the last of the blood he had been given. Blood always made him horny. He wished that Shade would hurry up and get back. There was a knock at the door and Hezekiah suddenly felt alert as if his inner vampire was anticipating something.

"Come in." he called as his breath caught in his throat as he waited for the person to enter.

The door opened just a short ways and a small slip of a girl came in closing the door behind her. Hezekiah's whole body tensed as he stared into her eyes and realized that he was seeing his Eternal One. She shifted nervously under his intense pursual.

"Um. Are you Hezekiah?" she asked softly.

The feeling was so overwhelming. It took everything in him to remain and stay in the bed. He was afraid to move or he would snatch the girl up and carry her away. Reminding himself of his mother's terrified young face helped curb the urge. His mother had only been 15 when his father raped and changed her forcing her to carry his child. Looking at the girl again she looked to be only about 10 years old. She had light brown wavy hair and slightly slanted eyes that spoke of a mixed Asian heritage. The recent scar on her face bothered him. There was a haunted look in her eyes that made him want to soothe her. It was the same look Shade held when she came back.

Oh shit! He thought to himself. I promised Shade that I would reject my Eternal One as soon as I met her. But I don't know if I can."

"I'm Lona Parks. Ms. Shade is fostering me and she said that I should come and introduce myself." she said nervously.

Double shit! SHE is our new foster daughter! Damn it! He thought as he suddenly felt nauseous.

"Are you alright?"

Hezekiah forced himself to relax, "Yes. I'm fine."

She stared at him directly. Hezekiah was afraid that she would see his black soul. "You don't have to lie." she said quietly.

"I said I'm fine!" he roared as she drew near.

Lona leaped away like a frightened rabbit. The fear in her eyes shook him to the core and broke his heart. Knowing that he was the source made it a hundred times worse. The girl ran off before he could apologize. He wanted to run after her but he didn't know if he would be able to control himself. Shade walked in a moment later.

"How are you darling?" She asked as she bent to kiss him. Hezekiah jerked away reflexively. Now that he met his Beloved the thought of another woman touching his body sickened him.

Shade saw his reaction and drew back puzzled. "Are you mad at me?"

Hezekiah swallowed. "No. It's about Lona."

"Oh you've met her? I told her to come up. Where is she?"

"I scared her off." Hezekiah admitted ashamed.

The mothering instinct in Shade was riled, "You did what?!" she demanded as she stood to find the girl. Knowing the abuse Lona had been through Shade did everything to make sure that she knew that she had nothing to be afraid of.

"The girl." Hezekiah said, catching Shade's attention. "She's my Eternal One."

------------------

Jonathan recapped everything that happened while they were at Desert Rose.

"Council Monroe performed Jose's execution."

"That was a hard thing." John Mason said, shaking his head. His sympathy went out to the Velez family. Especially the young man's father. He couldn't imagine the pain of having one of his sons betray their pack and try to murder him. Then to have to sentence him to death by werewolf law.