Chapter 65

CHAPTER 65

At the Waterfalls...

Solomon had always admired the serene beauty of the flowing falls at Cub Creek. He remembered how Jonathan, Erik, and he would sit on top and relax during the councilman's visits while on break from school. His purpose here was far more sinister than any previous visits. His wait was short lived as his mate's half brother emerged from the foliage.

Dameon walked towards the waiting figure. Since seeing his half sister he was disturbed at the fragile state she was in. It was a look he had seen before. It was more devastating seeing that look on one of the few people he truly cared about. The only information he had received was that Maria and her mate were alive. Dameon could only guess at what had happened.

Taking a seat on a rock to the councilman's right, Dameon listened as Solomon recounted everything that had happened. The councilman's tears told a story that no words could ever explain. The Rogue King reigned in his rage to provide empathy for the grieving man.

Solomon pulled out a flash drive and handed it to Dameon. "This is the footage from that night. I looked at every single guard, dead or alive, that was there after the attack. None of them were the men that raped Maria. I want you to find them. I want to be the one to end them."

"They'll have to be tried and-"

"NO!" Solomon burst out. "No trials. No debate. Just an execution in the most inhumane way possible!"

"I understand." Dameon said calmly. "This conversation never happened." he added firmly as he stood.

Solomon shook his head refusing to back down. "Yes it did."

Dameon turned to face him. "You are a member of the Council. You have a position. People that depend upon you to be above reproach. Maria needs you to be THAT man. Your children need you to be THAT man." he said with intense conviction. "I swear to you upon my dead mate. Justice will be served."

-------------------

Malachi and Laken's House...

Hezekiah relayed the information that David Remeeta had given him to the other three.

"I remember getting the invitation a couple of weeks ago." Malachi said.

"I have one as well. I need to let Lord Gideon Blood and Tracy know." Hezekiah said.

"And I need to go dress shopping." Stacey added.

"You're not going." Malachi and Laken replied together.

"Yes I am. If I'm going to be with you then I want to be with you all the way." Stacey said firmly.

"That is an excellent idea Stacey." Hezekiah cut in before the other two men could protest further.

Malachi and Laken were shocked. "What?!" they half shouted simultaneously.

"If she's with you," he said to Malachi. "Then it's obvious that you're looking for support to gain permission to change your Eternal One. Your presence wouldn't be questioned and no one would suspect that you're there for ulterior motives. She'll be the perfect cover."

"Or the perfect target if there's a take over." Laken argued.

"They'll have other things to worry with than one weak human. No offence."

"None taken. So it's settled. I'm going." Stacey smiled.

Malachi and Laken glared.

"We'll see." Malachi grumbled.

---------------------

Cub Creek Territory...

"I want our mate now." Dayton said as soon as they were alone in the room they shared. The twins had always been close and decided that they would turn a large bedroom into a shared space with a small partition wall in the middle.

"We promised to wait." Salim repeated.

"Bullshit."

Salim sighed. He knew that his twin would pick up on his reluctance.

"I met this girl in Cedar Pines. Her name is Jenna."

"Jenna Bells?" Dayton asked in surprise. She was the "golden girl" that everyone loved and admired. Boys wished that she was their mate and the girls were green with envy. Yet Jenna managed to remain humble.

(Author's Note: Yes "Jenna Bells" was my attempt at some Holiday humor. Merry Christmas. Ho. Ho. HA!).

Salim nodded.

"Dude! Please don't tell me..."

"We've been seeing each and she's... helped me get over Carrie."

"What the fuck? This is our mate! You don't just 'get over' your destined mate."

"I don't want a destined mate. I've already decided to choose Jenna as my mate and will mark her after the school dance I promised to take her to. I've fallen in love with her."

"Fuck!" Dayton said, kicking a chair. Salim might not have a lot of faults but stubbornness was definitely one of them.

Dayton tried a different tactic, "We're supposed to become Alphas together. Is it going to be fair to Jenna? Your wolf is going to constantly gravitate to Carrie and the bond will be impossible to ignore. Even if you reject Carrie then you'll still feel the bond through me. When I mate with Carrie, it's going to put a strain on not only us but our entire pack. As Alphas the pack comes first."

"Then reject Carrie." Salim said simply.

"What?!"

"Jenna would be the perfect Luna. She's beautiful, poised, and kind. Everyone would love her. You have to admit that she's sexy. If we were to both reject Carrie then it would break the bond. We could mark Jenna and forge a new bond." Salim reasoned. "It's for the best. Carrie comes with too much baggage. Her old man is crazy and who's not to say that she isn't crazy too? She was a rogue after all and you know they have no morals."

Dayton's wolf, Banner, growled at the insinuation. But Dayton had seen the unnatural irrational way that Carrie's father had behaved and truthfully it made him nervous. They had spent a lot of time with Carrie as children but it's been a while. Who knows what she's like now. They didn't go to the same school but if she was anything like the "daddy issues" girls then her problems were as widespread as her legs.

Dayton recoiled at the thought. He had been saving himself for his mate. How he was going to handle being a number in line didn't sit well. Salim's reasoning was starting to have merit and Jenna was very hot. The brief glance he had of Carrie was vague and she had just looked "alright" as a kid.

With a sigh, he looked at his brother. "I'll think about it."

==========================

Good gravy... where am I going with this?

I'm supposed to be wrapping up these storylines not creating more drama.

UGH! WWWHYYYYY?

Well anyways, I hope you guys don't mind but we're going to have to end this book with a bunch of open story lines cause I don't want to rush on closing them. For those of you wondering about Laken and Stacey... well I don't know yet because I haven't published that part for you guys to give me an opinion on it. So it's going to be added in as a bonus chapter at the end IF I get some feedback.