Chapter 57 (Mature Content)

Woo Hoo! Look at me! Second update for Thanksgiving.

CHAPTER 57 (MATURE CONTENT)

Cub Creek Territory...

Jack, Carla, Tracy, Galen, and Roger walked into the suite that Jack and Jonathan's parents had moved into after John Mason had retired. There was only silence. The room was neat and nothing looked disturbed but a strange scent in the air and a feeling of dread raised their hackles.

Jack hadn't seen either of his parents since Roger and Cotton had been kidnapped. Last time he had seen his father was the day of the attack. Something was bothering him but John wouldn't say what.

Tracy was the first to pick up the sound of a very faint heartbeat. Running to look on the other side of the bed, Tracy saw her father-in-law lying on the floor.

"Galen." she said sharply, bringing everyone over to the bedside.

"Dad!" Jack cried.

Carla grabbed him gently, "Wait. Let Galen help him first."

Galen rolled the near dead werewolf onto his back and placed his hands on the unconscious man's chest. A warm golden glow emanated from his hands. John jerked up suddenly gasping for air.

Jack crouched down to help support his father as he coughed. Tracy handed him a glass of water which he drank greedily.

"Dad, what happened? Where's mom?"

John shook his head. Tears began to flow down the man's cheeks. He suddenly looked old and tired. "The woman who's been here, for Creator only knows how long (because the author has completely forgotten), was not your mother." John coughed again as a sob broke through.

Flashback... (The night Roger and Cotton were taken)

John sat on a chair in the corner of his suite, next to the bed, drinking a tumbler brandy while staring out the large window. The alcohol wouldn't get him drunk but he appreciated the flavor and the warmth it provided. He was tired of this unsettledness and decided to confront Camilla. Her behavior was off and his wolf was confused. When he made love to her there wasn't the connection he had always felt. When she said, "I love you." The words felt false.

He had shared his worries with his friend and former Beta. Jordan had observed that when he was telling his mate a funny story that they had told a million times. It was about the time John had a chunk of his hide chewed off. He hadn't been paying attention during a training session because he was ogling his new mate. Camilla didn't laugh and say that it was the pack of cookies she was holding that John really wanted, like she always did.

The object of his troubles glided into the bedroom.

"Even her walk is wrong." John thought.

"Where have you been?" John asked.

His wife looked up startled, "Darling you scared me. Why are you sitting over there in the dark?"

"Just look out the window at the peaceful night." he said, setting his glass down on the silver tray next to the decanter on the nightstand.

"Oh." she said as she went to her drawers and began to dig around presumably for her night clothes.

"Where were you?" John repeated.

"Just out but I'm back now." she said with a seductive look thrown over her shoulder.

John's wolf, Gio, snarled in his mind, "This isn't mate!"

Before he could react, Camilla shot him with a dart. He immediately went limp and fell to the floor. His wolf was silenced. Without his wolf he couldn't link to the others. Camilla walked around the bed and looked down at him.

"Catching on were we?" she grinned as she crouched down next to him. John couldn't speak. He could only stare up at the replica of his mate. "You know for an older wolf, you were quite the fuck." she smirked as ran her hands over his crotch. John felt repulsed. If he could move then he would have ripped the woman apart, wolf or no wolf.

"Shame really. If you were younger, I would have made you my pet. Your dear Camilla was quite feisty when I told her my plan. The bitch almost ripped my arm off." she chuckled. "But don't worry, you'll be joining her in death soon." she smiled cruelly as she pulled out a needle and injected the clear liquid into his arm. "There you go. Nice and peaceful."

End of Flashback...

Jack was stunned. "Then where's mom at?" he asked again.

John cried harder, "Dead."

------------------

Werewolf Headquarters... WARNING: Contains sensitive material. Read with caution.

Every rib in Solomon's chest was broken. Most of his joints were dislocated and his face was almost unrecognizable. The pain was continuous and his tormentors were enjoying the smell of his flesh burning as they prodded him with red hot irons. His mate, Maria, hung from the ceiling suspended with silver chains. She was mercifully unconscious at the moment.

Both knew that they were going to die. The substance that was injected into their systems cut off their connections to their wolves and slowed down their healing abilities. One of the werewolves that tortured them paused from beating the helpless Councilman. Walking over to Maria he began to run his hands over her still body.

"Leave her alone you son of a whoring bitch!" Solomon growled.

The man leered. "Now that wasn't a very nice thing to say Council." the man said mockingly as he squeezed Maria's breasts from behind.

"I've been working pretty hard." the man said as he picked up a knife. "I deserve some fun."

He sliced through Maria's ripped clothes leaving her completely naked. Solomon screamed and yelled profanities as the guard squeezed and licked his mate's body. Maria whimpered as she began to regain consciousness. Her eyes flew open in a panic and she began to flail as she realized that someone other than her mate was touching her.

She screamed and cried as the guard thrust into her unwilling body, tearing her vaginal walls.

Solomon swallowed his curses and softly called out to his mate. "Maria."

Her tear filled eyes snapped to his then she looked away in shame.

"Baby, I want you to look at me and just focus on me. Please." he pleaded.

Slowly she looked back at him desperately holding onto his gaze as if it were her lifeline. A second guard walked in and simply watched. The first guard invited the man over to join him. The couple stared at each other and refused to look away while the second guard joined in Maria's rape.

An hour later the men left to go have a smoke. Blood and semen dripped down Maria's legs. Her tears dried on her face and her blank eyes still stared into her mate's. Her naked body shivered uncontrollably.

The physical pain from Solomon's beating was nothing compared to the agony of seeing his mate's suffering. An explosion sounded in the distance and gunfire blasted. Neither cared what was happening beyond the room they were in. The hopeless despair was shared as they stood chained in silence.

The couple was vaguely aware the door was being kicked in. Their eyes remained locked as they were unleashed and laid on stretchers. They laid next to each other as an IV was started and the poisons were flushed from their bodies. Their wolves whimpered weakly. Solomon gathered the strength to grab a hold of his mate's cold hand.

"You're safe now." The couple heard the familiar sound of Jonathan Mason's voice reassure them. The tears flowed and both sobbed brokenly.