Chapter 32

Two things: 

First, If you didn't read Galen's story, go back to Chapter 27 which was formerly Jonathan's "resurrection" even though he didn't technically fully die. He was on the brink. Jonathan's chapter is now 28.

Second, I've been giving Ben and Sherry the wrong last name. Their last name is Blake not Moore. Sorry. I went back and fixed it.

CHAPTER 32

Lucy loved sitting in the garden outside of the Cub Creek packhouse. The sound of the birds and the bees, the fragrance of flowers, and the warm sun brought her peace and joy. A quiet shift in the air drew her attention. Her missing goddaughter appeared before her.

"Shadow!" Lucy cried hugging her tightly.

"I don't have much time." Shadow said as she returned Lucy's embrace. "Have you heard from Haggai?"

Lucy shook her head.

"Did he escape with Dameon?"

"No."

Shadow sighed, "Then he has betrayed us."

"He wouldn't-"

"He has."

Tears sprung into Lucy's eyes, "When I was at my lowest he helped me and saved me."

Shadow's eyes were full of sympathy. "I have put things into motion. Someone will come with instructions." she paused before adding, "I love you Lucy. Thank you."

Before another word could be uttered. Shadow disappeared and dread filled Lucy's heart.

She sighed heavily and whispered, "Why does it feel like you're saying 'Goodbye?'"

-------------------

Something was bothering Carrie but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. She followed the prince to a large guest bedroom that smelled of him. He laid her best friend on the bed and pulled her shoes off. Sitting next to her he held her hand never once taking his eyes off her face.

"She's so beautiful."

She heard him whisper and smiled.

"What's her name?" The prince asked.

"Her name is Suzanna Talts. She is the Indigo Sky Pack's Beta's daughter and my best friend." Carrie provided.

"How old is she?" Barak asked, still looking at his mate.

Carrie didn't take offense over the lack of eye contact. She was happy that her best friend's mate was concerned for her. "Seventeen but will be turning eighteen soon. I have to warn you though Beta Talts is not going to care if you have a title. He'll still want to kick your ass if anything happens to his baby." she said. Part of her was always jealous of how loved Suzie was by her family. But she never doubted that Beta Emile and his wife loved her like a daughter as well. It just wasn't the same.

Speaking of family, Carrie had been so distracted by Suzie fainting that she hadn't greeted any of the others or even seen Camilla or the twins. A knock at the door broke through her thoughts. "Hello. I'm Dr. Kole here to check on Ms. Talts. Alpha Mason requested that I come." A woman with blondish white hair said as she walked in.

Carrie scrunched her brows. She didn't know this woman but people sometimes transferred packs so she dismissed it. After all, Carrie had been gone for five years. Opening her bag, Dr. Kole pulled out a small packet and snapped off the top.

Waving the smelling salts under Suzie's nose. The girl quickly came to. It took her almost 20 minutes before she accepted that her idol was her mate. Barak was patient, loving how adorable his mate was. Carrie ribbed her friend good naturally about her life long crush on the prince. Even with her darker skin tone it was easy to tell she was blushing profusely while whining for her friend to stop.

Carrie grinned and decided to give the couple space. "I'm going to say hi to everyone else so I'll see you love birds later."

-------------------

"You have to leave sons." John Mason said as Jonathan and Jack held onto their younger brothers.

"We won't leave." Dayton protested.

"Why should we?" Salim asked angrily.

"Because the time is not right." John said calmly. "Your training is almost finished. Please be patient. Think of where you are right now. Are you ready? Wait another year and a half and then I won't stop you."

Dayton and Salim took a deep breath controlling their wolves and reluctantly nodded.

"Erik will finish your training and you can stay at Cedar Pine Pack." Jonathan said.

John nodded, "I love you sons."

"Love you too dad." they said in unison.

-----------------

Carrie saw Lona outside the pack house getting ready to walk by. A distant trouble look was on the younger girl's face but she quickly hid it when she heard Carrie call out to her.

"What are you doing out here away from the hospital?" Carrie asked.

"Just needed some fresh air. I don't like hospitals."

Carrie nodded understandably. She hated hospitals as well after spending so much time in sterile environments when her mom was sick.

They found the former Luna, Camilla Mason, in the sun room drinking a cup of tea. She stood and greeted Carrie with a hug. Carrie introduced Lona. Taking a seat Camilla offered them some tea. Taking a sip. Carrie looked up in surprise.

"Is this real lemon?" she asked.

"Yes it is." Camilla said cheerfully, taking a long sip.

"But you're allergic to lemons. You told me that they make your throat burn."

"Oh but I've been taking some allergy medications that have helped with that." she said calmly.

Lona knew that despite how smoothly she replied, the woman was lying. A man with salt and pepper hair walked into the room. He had a powerful presence that was both intimidating yet somehow comforting. Carrie stood quickly and hugged the man before introducing him as John Mason.

"It's nice to meet you Lona." John said kindly.

Lona smiled back.

"Where's Salim and Dayton?" Carrie asked.

"They had to leave my dear." he relied.

Camilla looked surprised but did not say anything.

"Oh." Carrie said disappointingly. She had looked forward to seeing her friends. She wondered what they looked like now and if they had girlfriends or found their mates.

"Have they found their ma- I mean girlfriends?" she asked.

"Er um not really. Nothing serious... yet." John stumbled uncomfortably. "How's your father?"

The rest of the conversation was taken with Carrie telling half truths in regards to her father. Something was definitely strange not only with Carrie's home life but with her life in general. This whole place called "Cub Creek" had the same energy and vibe. Something was very wrong and Lona needed to know what. But then again if curiosity killed the cat then she definitely didn't need the extra trouble.

=======================

Lots and lots of questions that will have to be answered later. Hopefully. I'm forgetful at times.

Comment, Vote, Follow for updates.