Chapter 50

Author's Note: (PLEASE READ!)

No I didn't die. Thank God. But I've had severe writer's block as well as the inability to focus. I apologize.

For those of you who follow me you probably saw my announcement about trying to finish by my birthday (which is today). Well no such luck though I have made progress. I should be done before Christmas as long as my creativity and motivation holds up. But no promises.

Now since it's been awhile I noticed that it's been hard for some of you to remember the characters so I will try to do a run down of any characters that I mention, at the beginning of each chapter. Hopefully this will help jog your memory. If you still can't remember, comment or message me and I'll get back to you.

Please note that sometimes Wattpad will not always inform me when there's a new comment for God only knows what reason. So if I don't answer the comment within a few minutes to a few hours then PM me with questions.

CHARACTER RUN DOWN:

LeRoy (Lee) Faulkins - Son of the Cub Creek Pack's head track, Tobias Faulkins. Reilly has requested that Lee assist in capturing Firelight.

Reilly Baines - Temporary Beta of the Cub Creek Pack. Best friend to the current Alpha, Jack Mason. Reilly is mated to a Sprite named Priscilla.

Firelight - Nephew of Queen Rosa and heir to the Sprite Queen's throne. He is currently on the run. 

Queen Rosa - Queen of the Sprites

Trish / Crystal - Trish is bad news and working with Prince Grim. She was a witch that had a run in with Lucy who turned her into goop. Trish had to get a new body so she used Crystal's. Crystal was Erik Baines' (Reilly's older brother and current Alpha of the Cedar Pine Pack) mate. Trish is now in Crystal's body while Crystal herself is dead. 

CHAPTER 50

Brazil...

Lee watched his target from the shadows. For months the Sprite Prince had managed to elude him. Reilly had tried to help but his wolf was too anxious to return to his mate since she just had a newborn pup. The stress made him impatient and fidgety. Thus giving away their locations many times to their quarry.

Not willing to risk anymore mishaps. Lee requested that his Alpha order their temporary Beta home. Reilly had been upset at first but then understood Lee's reasoning. Setting aside pride he apologized and left.

Interestingly, Firelight has been seeking out practitioners of divine magic. Divine magic or as human's called it, "Dark Magic," was considered taboo. Angels and demons, who were once fallen angels, and a very few born witches were usually the only ones who could weld the magic. Usually born witches with this power tended to die young. Many times it was feared that they would become too powerful as they grew older so often they were hunted and killed. Those born witches who were not immortal became overwhelmed and their fragile bodies destroyed.

There were only five known practitioners on earth. This was the last one he had visited. Lee had no idea what Firelight wanted with them. At the moment it wasn't his priority to figure it out. His mission was to retrieve his target alive by any means necessary.

Luckily Queen Rosa provided him with a Grasp. Grasps were ancient talismans that could render a Sprite helpless making him or her vulnerable. Often Sprites died of panic and fear. The High Council agreed to ban the Grasp and only the Sprite Queen could grant permission for their use. Born Hunters didn't need them since they could easily overwhelm a Sprite or Fairy.