Chapter 59

CHAPTER 59

Sprite Kingdom...

Reilly pressed kisses on his sleeping mate's bare shoulder before stretching. Savoring the warm comfort of the soft bed a moment longer before getting up to check on the baby. Jax lay snuggled in his cradle in the corner of their room. Walking to the connected bedroom he checked on Amelia who was asleep as well. Reilly worried about things in Cub Creek. Jack told him to stay just in case reinforcements from Queen Rosa were needed. He would be the best to lead and direct the Queen's troops. Since he was recognized by the soldiers and he knew the layout of Cub Creek.

The Werewolf Council was out of commission. Prince Barak and Jonathan were currently trying to sort things out with the remaining members. Council Standish and some of the guards got away. Standish's secretary tipped him off that Jonathan and her Alpha were on their way. The Bare Fang Alpha had the secretary in questioning but she claims that she was unaware of Council Standish's treasonous acts.

Normally under an Alpha's command, a pack member couldn't lie. But given that poción de separación [Separation Potion] had been used on the guards so that the Alpha couldn't feel their deaths. The secretary could have had some as well and be lying. The potion's effects only last for a few days to a week.

The bodies had been retrieved and were given a proper funeral.

A quiet knock sounded at the door as Reilly was pulling on his shirt. Aisling waited patiently for him to answer.

"Lord Reilly, the queen requests your presence immediately." she said. "Evangeline will be along in a moment to watch the children."

"I've told you to stop calling me that." Reilly said. The queen bestowed a royal title on him as he was married to her Lady-in-Waiting / Royal Advisor. He thought it was cool at first but quickly got tired of the pomp and responsibilities that came with being a "lord."

"And I'm still ignoring that you told me that." Aisling sassed before leaving.

Evangeline was the youngest daughter of one of the Sprite Lords. She volunteered to be their nanny whenever Reilly and Priscilla were needed. Unlike most Sprites who were at least a hundred, Evangeline and her twin sister, Renee, were really only 18 years old. Evangeline embraced the quiet natural loving life of a Sprite while her sister wanted to become a "modern" woman. Renee had applied to several "supernatural friendly" colleges, including the one in Lythberg, to continue her "human" education. A pursuit that was unusual for Fairy Kind.

Shutting the door, Reilly went to wake his mate. Her silky soft skin glowed in the morning sunlight. Resisting the temptation to crawl back into bed. His good intentions almost went out the window when Priscilla moaned lightly and patted his side of the bed. Rising up slightly she looked at him and smiled sleepily.

His wolf, Seth, wanted to shift and snuggle down next to his adorable mate.

"No. We have a meeting." Reilly scolded earning a dissatisfied grunt from his animal.

"Come back to bed," Priscilla said as she rolled over exposing her red lace bra that fit her large DD breasts so perfectly.

Reilly realized that he would never qualify for sainthood as the blood rush to his dick. Unluckily another knock sounded at the door. Seth growled in irritation.

"I wonder who that is?" Priscilla said.

"Probably Eva. Aisling had just stopped by with a summons." Reilly groaned as Priscilla threw the covers off. Since giving birth to their oldest child, Reilly has adored the changes that motherhood brought to his mate's already perfect body. "Babe. There is no way I'm going to be able to open the door or see the queen in this condition."