Chapter 6 (Mature Content)

CHAPTER 6 (MATURE CONTENT)

Cub Creek Territory...

Joseph was the happiest he had been in years. He had a fresh start and a new house. Well new to him. Since he was using one of the small cabins on pack lands. His wolf loved the exercise of going to the pack house or his son's house everyday. He was an equal distance from both. But as much as he enjoyed it here at Cub Creek he knew he would be moving soon again.

Part of his excitement today was seeing a certain former professor that he had been introduced to after the party.

Flashback...

The confrontation with Cathy was difficult at first because she was vehemently denying everything. Steve pulled out his phone and showed the photos he had taken as well as the texts she had sent him and nudes. Everyone had wanted to vomit birthday cake on the last bit.

Joseph immediately rejected her. Once she realized that her tears and pleas weren't being heard, Cathy accepted the rejection and the bond was broken. She left with Steve who looked like he had won the lottery followed by his brother who looked far less pleased with the outcome.

Everyone was silent. No one knew what to say. Jack and Jonathan had a silent conversation with Tracy, Carla, and Reilly about how she would have been able to cheat and Joseph, a Beta wolf, not knowing what was happening. Erik could only listen to what Reilly and Jack informed him of since they were both Alpha's. He no longer had a connection to anyone, other than immediate family, since he was in another pack.

Jack: "It's not they would have met at their house because Joseph would have picked up the scent."

Tracy: "They could have met at Steve's pack. I noticed that the pain is less the further away you are from your mate."

Jonathan's wolf, Eli, whimpered and Jonathan wrapped his arms around his mate as he whispered, "I'm sorry." in her ear. Tracy leaned into him and allowed the connection to communicate that she had forgiven him.

Jack: "What if it was a poción de separación?" [Separation Potion].

Tracy: "What's that?"

Jonathan: "It's a potion that only a witch would know how to make. When a werewolf ingests the potion, it temporarily silences the bond between wolf and human. With neither party realizing that the separation had occurred."

Tracy: "But wouldn't that cause some sort of alarm of a bond being severed?"

Carla: "Not necessarily. The silence could just be passed off as a mate taking a nap. I remember grandpa mentioning that Cathy usually goes to an all day spa almost every weekend. Instead of going there she could have been meeting with Steve instead with the potion in hand."

Reilly: "Ain't that shit illegal. Like 'penalty of death' illegal?"

Jonathan: "Not exactly, it's considered an illegal substance because it goes against 'divine order' and it allows a pack member to lie to their Alpha. Lying to your Alpha can carry the death sentence. There will be severe consequences for your grandmother, the dealer, and the witch that made it."

Jack: I will let the Alpha of Steve's pack know. I assume that's where they're headed. He can do the questioning.

Joseph was honestly rather glad that things turned out as they did. His wolf, Hale, was upset but the mate bond breaking made things easier. He had already talked with Jack about his plans. The Alpha not only accepted him back into the pack he suggested a nice small cabin that would be perfect. It was private but near to his son's home. Noticing that everyone seemed distracted, no doubt linking each other, he pulled his phone out to call the movers. The smell of aged rum and butter shortbread hit him like a freight truck on an icy road.