Chapter 54

CHARACTER RUN DOWN:

Prince Barak - Son of the Alpha King. His parents are the werewolf representatives on the High Council.

Lucy (Ebony Black) - A powerful witch and the sister of Ivory White. She pleaded for her sister to be spared the Creator's wrath and was given the choice to forget her sister or to become a guardian of man. She chose to stay with her sister. After her Soulmate, Mido, drove her away and she hovered near death, Haggai found and helped her. Haggai came up with the name "Lucy."

Mido (Muhammad the Wizard) - Lucy's Soulmate and a wizard. He was possessed by a demon (Razdor) in exchange for saving Lucy's life.  Unfortunately the cursed incubus was destructive and Mido chose to drive Lucy away to protect her. Razdor later found his "Balm" (Demon's Soulmate) and fathered Shadow, Shade, and Night. 

CHAPTER 54

Cub Creek Pack...

Tensions were running high as no one in Cub Creek could understand why the enemy had gathered at Reilly's home rather than the garden. Lucy had left to search the Tomb of Silence which was the Vampire's library where the most ancient of texts were stored. Entrance to the Tomb of Silence could only be granted by the High Council. Prince Barak and Princess Hadassa implored their respective fathers for permission and their requests were granted immediately.

The princess and her husband arrived with Dameon who came as soon as Luke informed him of the breech. Unfortunately Luke and the other rogues were trapped within the barrier dome that the witch had set. Lucy nor Mido had been able to penetrate the barrier which had been exceedingly alarming. There was no way that Trish could have set something so powerful. Lucy's heart ached as she realized that Haggai was the only one who could have done it.

Jonathan decided to personally travel to the Werewolf Council to see if they could discover what was happening. Tracy had been torn between helping search for her grandfather and going with her mate. Laura, the twins, and the women and children in the pack had been sent to Erik's and Sherry's pack. While a few of the warriors from both Cedar Pine and Red Moon went to Cub Creek for aid.

Cotton was frantic the map she had found disappeared and she couldn't remember the way. Tracy had tried to use her gift to "see" where Cotton had been but it was like looking at a blank wall. Cotton could no longer feel her Beloved but the fact that she was still alive let them know that Roger must be as well. Gideon kept a watchful eye on her. He refused to accept that she may not survive but prepared himself for the worse.

Within the Barrier...

Rian de Paor always felt that he was meant for greatness. Born the bastard son of an English Lord and an Irish prostitute he was turned by a vampire whose life he had saved. He thought that being a vampire would afford him a wealth of opportunities. Unfortunately he found himself at an even more disadvantaged position. Scraping and crawling his way up he was able to pull together a small coven that was more of a mockery than an honor. But Rian refused to give up and figured out that the only way to gain respect was to find a niche.

He devoted himself to the study of technology. More specifically he focused on machines that were self sufficient and able to run on their own energy. It was important for vampires to stay away from human interaction as much as possible and the generators he came up with, before humans started to develop electricity, quickly became a high demand item.

 It was important for vampires to stay away from human interaction as much as possible and the generators he came up with, before humans started to develop electricity, quickly became a high demand item

^Rian de Paor^

Now he had an opportunity to hold the greatness that he always felt belonged to him. The Prime Purity commissioned him to build a generator that would power a portal to the demon realm. The Genesis Mechanism would provide the energy needed which would bring demons into this world under the command of the Queen Supreme's General, Prince Grim. Wanting to make his mark, Lord Rian de Paor created not only one generator but six and set them up around the world. Once the Genesis Mechanism was placed a signal would be sent to the others unleashing hell on earth.

A brand new world and he would be one of the founding fathers.

"Rian!" a high pitch voice reverberated off the sensitive crystals he had placed in his machine.

"SHH!" he hushed with a glare at the annoying redhead that was currently the bane of his existence. "You're going to focking mess up my calibrations and we dinna have time or materials to fix 'em, ya cunt!" he whispered yelled.

Trish glared at his disrespect. He was some lowly laborer and SHE was a powerful witch. "How dare he?!" she thought. Swallowing her ire she couldn't afford to burn him to crisp just yet. Gairim had been very cross with her when he found out that one of her prisoners had escaped. He hadn't allowed her back in his bed since then. The last thing she wanted was to make him angry again.

She hated to admit it but she had fallen in love with the Prince and wanted to be his forever. Her delusional mind was convinced that he loved her as well and would claim her as his bride as soon as they established a new world order.

"Are you done yet?" she growled quietly.

"No. I have to make sure everything is set properly or this won't work." he replied annoyed. "Besides why are you rushing me when you haven't even found the bloody Genesis yet have ya?"

Trish threw up her middle finger and stomped away. As soon as that stupid vampire finished, she was going to fry him good.

---------------------

Roger woke with a start. Hunger like he had never known gnawed at him. Pushing down the need to mindlessly find a food source he took note of his surroundings. The room was pitch black but he forced himself to focus. The scent of mildew and stale air and the lack of surrounding sounds told him that the room was underground.

It was a basement of some sort. Other than the faint sounds of creaking wood and wind he knew that no one was on the upper floor above him. Following the light flow of air he stumbled to a door. Blood loss and unhealed injuries were weakening him further. Opening the wooden panel he squeezed up the narrow staircase.

Falling to the ground floor, his strength depleted, Roger pushed himself to reach out to his Eternal One.

"Cotton..." he whispered across their link. Darkness overtook him as a tear rolled down his cheek. Roger wondered if he would see his Beloved again.