Chapter 36

CHAPTER 36

Werewolf Council Hall...

The Council debated on what to do with the Red Moon Pack. No decision would be made until after they had heard all the testimony from the witnesses.

"I say that we should kill them all!" Council Standish growled. "Traitors! Use the lot of them as examples of what happens when you attack the Council."

"That is too harsh. Make them rogues." Council Hart interjected.

"With that many rogues. Dameon Wilde would have an army." Standish argued.

"We could scatter them to other states." Council Lang suggested.

"You've been quiet, Council Grey." Council Layton said.

Solomon cleared his throat, "Sherry Blake is the last of the Carwile line. The Carwiles have always carried a strong Alpha gene. The members of Red Moon did not want to follow their Alpha's orders. I saw their reluctance and shock first hand. But under their Alpha's command they had no choice but to obey. I propose that Sherry Blake be made Alpha of the Red Moon Pack."

"Preposterous!"

"A female Alpha?"

"Absolutely not!"

"Why not?"

Council Layton rapped his knuckles loudly on the table drawing everyone's attention. "Council Grey why would you propose such a ludicrous suggestion?"

"Sherry Blake is a strong young woman who refused to turn away from her mate despite all the pressure to do so. She organized a children's center for the Cub Creek Pack. She is a Red Moon Pack member. They know her. They will listen to her. Her son carries the Alpha's gene and is already 5 years old. He can take over for his mother before the next New Moon Challenge."

Everyone thought about the possibility. Council Standish scoffed. "There are rules in place for a reason."

"There is no rule against women becoming Alpha."

"But there is a rule stating that Alpha's must have a Luna. A strong mate that will provide a gentle guidance to the pack."

"Then we're in luck. Sherry's mate, Ben, is an Omega. Omegas are known for their gentleness. Though whipped and beaten he still made the decision to reject his mate to protect her and his unborn pup even though it would have meant his death. That showed courage."

"It's still ridiculous!" Standish growled. "Who would want to ally themselves with a female leader? They are weak and useless."

The Council mates present including his own, glared at Council Standish and the other men knew better than to agree.

"We will meet next week. To discuss this further." Council Layton said.

------------------

Green Farm...

Father and daughter were happy to be reunited. When Athens wanted to return to the Sprite Kingdom, Shula absolutely refused to go back. Hezekiah drove them to their home which was now overgrown. Luckily the money that Athens had put in an account for his lawyer to pay bills with was still good for another two years.

After making some calls to some house cleaners, handymen, and groundskeepers a large crew arrived and worked throughout the first few days to set things right. After paying the last cleaner, Athens set to work preparing everything Hezekiah would need to free Alpha Greenbriar. Because most of his supplies had been destroyed by a leak in the roof, the former king had to search out several herbs. Luckily, Hezekiah was able to get everything he needed from Roger. Shula loved the garden and Roger invited her to help him at night. She readily agreed.

Despite the unease of meeting an actual Dark Fairy, JJ and GinGin were happy to show her around and luckily they both knew sign language.

"So what is your curse?" JJ asked. "I heard that Dark Fairies only have destructive powers."

"JJ! Don't be rude." GinGin said appalled over her lover's bluntness.

Shula smiled, "It's okay." she signed. "Some would consider the different gifts we have as a curse or taboo. But if there is no darkness how can one see the light? If there is no death how will there be room for new life? There is always an up and down. So our powers may seem destructive or evil but really they're just the other half to the powers you weld. My father can create curses but he can also lift them. He can summon demons but he can also banish them. He is a decent man and honorable. I can steal others' gifts and knowledge for a short time depending on how long I touch them. They are unconscious while I have them and have no memory of anything I did while they slept. They awaken as soon as their powers return to them."

"What if you wanted to keep their powers?"

"I've never tried." Shula signed shaking her head, "Papa says that if I held on long enough then it would probably kill the person and I would have their powers permanently. But like I said, I never tried and I don't want to hurt anyone."

"So if we touch you then you'll get our powers?" GinGin asked.

"No. Only if I open myself to absorb your gifts." Shula signed. She saw the hesitancy in their eyes and sighed, "It's probably best that I go home."

"NO!" they said at the same time.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel like you were unwanted." GinGin said quickly. "It's just that with that kind of power..."

"I know. But please understand that I don't want to hurt anyone and there's a price for the ability. The emotions of the participant because my own. I also see memories both good and bad. Most of the time it's fear and that's not a good feeling. I hate using my gift."

A door closing drew their attention. Abram walked carefully down the steps of their yurt house with two small babes in his arms. Both of his children were born at the exact same moment while their mothers lay side by side.

"I thought they would have been asleep by now." GinGin said.

"Princess is sleeping. Little man is too much like his mother and wants to look at everything in the room rather than close his eyes and rest." Abram said with a fond smile.

" Abram said with a fond smile

^Abram Manika^

JJ took her squirming son, "are you a momma's boy? Yes you are! Yes you are!" she cooed as she tickled his belly and kissed his cheeks. The baby squealed happily, almost waking his sister.

"JJ!" GinGin whispered yelled gently patting her daughter's back while the babe lay in her father's arms.

"Sorry." JJ whispered.

The little boy squirmed about in his mother's arms catching sight of Shula. Stretching his little arms out he wanted to examine the stranger close up. He started to whine when he didn't get his way immediately.

"May I?" Shula signed.

"Sure!" JJ said. Handing the small tike to Shula who held him carefully. He smiled at her and then yawned. A few moments later he was out. Abram let out a sigh of relief, "Finally." he whispered. Gathering up both babes he gently rocked them as he walked back into their home.

"Shula?" Athens' voice pushed into her mind.

"Yes Papa?"

"Could you come home there's something I wish to discuss with you."

"Of course, Papa."

Excusing herself Shula promised to return tomorrow.