Ballad

I'm in glee club and the bell rings mr Schue walks in and starts writing on the board.

"Ballad. From Middle English balade who know what this words mean?" Mr Schue asks and Rachel's hand shoots up "it's a male duck" Brit says "so close" I tell her and she smiles at me.

"Kurt" mr Schue asks pointing at him "A ballad is a love song" he tells him "Sometimes, but they don't always express love. Ballads are stories set to music—which is why they're the perfect storm of self-expression. Stories and music are the way we express feelings that we can't get out any other way. Okay, now, sectionals are in a few weeks and there's a new rule this year– we have to perform... a ballad" he says pointing at the white board.

"Looks like my weekly letter to the Ohio Show Choir Committee finally paid off!" Rachel says exited and puck give her the crazy chick eyes.

"Okay. So here's our assignment for the week: I'm going to pair you off, and I want you to pick a ballad to sing to your partner. Look them right in the eye, find the emotion you want to express, and make them feel it" he tells us this will be interesting I'm currently really hungover rough weekend but this is
interesting.

"I pick Quinn" Finn says to mr Schue "No, no, no. Too easy. Your partners will be chosen by fate" he says walking towards the piano and everyone oohs

"Ooh, yeah. I put all your names in this hat. Whoever you choose is your partner" he says showing us the hat.

"But Matt's out sick today he had to go to the hospital because they found a spider in his ear" Santana tells him and everyone is acting grossed out.

Then I realized that just means we're even now honestly I'm the stoner how come I'm the only one good at math.

"Um......I guess I'll have to put my name in the hat for now" mr Schue says if I can get out of doing this assignment I'm down even tho when it's all over I'll tell mr Schue puck is with Mercede and Artie is with Quinn. Kurt is with Finn which got a lot of laughs Tina and mike are together and then Brittany and Santana and at this point I'm trying not to be noticed and Quinn looks at me with a are you going to speak up looks and I shake my head you best believe I ain't singing to Rachel.

"Looks like I get you mr Schue" Rachel says as she walks towards the piano and I'm so happy that I don't have to do it with Rachel "Uh... you know what? Maybe we should just wait until Matt gets back" he says as Finn looks at me "the fates talked mr Schue" Finn tells him and everyone nods and mr Schue looks scared.

"Would you mind clarifying what songs you want us to sing?"Artie asks mr Schue "why don't you let mr schuester and I demonstrate brad endless love in B flat please" Rachel tell the piano player.

I really don't think that's an appropriate song Rachel" mr Schue tells her "why? It's a great song and a perfect ballad" she says to him "yeah I really like that song mr Schue" Finn tells them as we all laugh and the song starts.

As the bell rings I walk towards mr Schue "Alex what can I do for you" he asks "you must of forgot I was here or something but I don't have a partner for the assignment" I ask and he looks happy "so sorry about that you can be with Rachel" he says "now mr Schue Rachel is one of the best singers in here how would she feel if you didn't want to sing with her it would make her feel bad hell she might even Quit again" I tell him trying to not have to work with her.

"Ok fine you can join Quinn and Artie" he tells me as I nod "thanks so much Rachel can be a little intense and I'm just getting my confidence" I tell him as he nods and I walk out.

We're at glee club when mr Schue tells us to pair off with partners and I realized Artie isn't here so I guess it's just me and Quinn everyone leaves the choir room to find places to rehearse there numbers and since everyone left me and Quinn decided to stay in the choir room we didn't end up rehearsing just talking like the old days.

I get a call from Quinn at like 11:00 which is weird "hello" I say "Alex they found out they kicked me out" she says crying over the phone "okay Q calm down do you have somewhere to stay do you need me to pick you up?" I ask as I get out of bed "No Finns here there giving me half hour to pack so that what I'm doing and I'm staying at Finns for now I guess I just needed to tell you" she tells me "no worries Q remember it will get better we will talk tomorrow" I tell her as we say our goodbyes and hang up and I go back to bed worried about Quinn but I know she safe with Finn.

I was told the plan by Kurt to go get Quinn I find her in the hallway "follow me my lady" I say as I stick my arm out and she intertwined hers and she asks where we're going I take her to the choir room and sit her in a chair as we wait for Finn he walks in with Kurt and Mercedes "open your eyes I didn't want you to close them" she says as Finn opens his eyes "is there a cake"he asks looking around "no there no cake" she tells him

"Oh" he says "be quite and sit down" she tells him as he sits next to Quinn "do you know what going on" he asks Quinn she shakes her head "No Alex brought me here and wouldn't tell me anything" she whispers to him "Your fellow Glee Club members want to sing a song for you guys to let you know how they feel about you" mr Schue says as we stand In front of them "what are you going to sing" he asks "just listen the song says everything" Rachel tell him as we start singing lean on (the performance is at the top of the chapter).

I texted Quinn to tell her to meet me in the auditorium.

"Hey what's up"she says as I notion for here to sit in the chair across form me "well you didn't hear my ballad yet so here it is" I say as I start singing she will be loved my maroon 5

"Thank you" she says as she hugs me and I embrace her in a tight hug "anytime" I tell her