Chapter 4

Alessandro's POV

"Vince what happened yesterday after Adriana left my office?"

Xander scoffed and spoke angrily "The little shit stormed off because Vince told her she couldn't take harder classes."

"You're not Vince and stop cursing." I told him firmly and he scoffed and left. Xavier left with him too.

I looked at Vince "I'm still waiting on a response" he rolled his eyes and explained the entire situation and to say I wasn't furious would be an understatement

"I understand she said no and yelled but you had reason to handle the situation like that. You're 11 years older than her so why don't you act like it. Someone should've noticed she was outside last night not this afternoon. I expect you to call the school and get her all the advance classes she wants before dinner." he nodded and went upstairs.

"I'll go up and talk to her." Matteo volunteered

Adriana's POV

I hear a knock on the door and Matteo comes in

"Hey I know you don't wanna talk about that what happened, but I don't want you in here alone in the dark hurting so I came to get to know my baby sister." he says enthusiastic and I smile at him

"Sure what do you wanna know?" I ask with a smile on my face.

"What's your favorite color?"

I think for a second and answer

"I like yellow and green. How about you?"

He answers almost immediately

"I like blue." I nod.

"Do you have any hobbies?"

"Yeah I do judo, gymnastics, I used to play football and soccer in middle school but then I got to high school and no one wants a 4'11 girls as their wide receiver."

"No way so you're a fighter what belt are you?" he asked genuinely interested

"I'm a Black belt I was training for the liberty bell tournament in PA so I can get ranked nationally. I also did kick boxing but I quit to focus on judo more."

"You're definitely competing in PA I'll ask dad for you!"

"Really!" I jumped up and hugged him tight

"Thank you Matteo this means the world to me."

"No problem Tequila." I frown at that nickname

"Why tequila?"

"Cause you're small like a shot of tequila."

"Hey I'm not that small you're just freakishly tall!" he let out a deep laugh.

"So what do you wanna do career wise?" I asked

"I'm already grown up tiny but I'm studying to be a Doctor. You?"

"Promise not to laugh" he nodded

"I wanna be a firefighter and no there isn't a height requirement, yes I understand the manual labor that goes into being a firefighter, but I don't care even if I'm short and a girl that's not gonna stop me after I graduate I'll either go to college and then the academy or the military followed by the academy and nobody's gonna stop me!"

Matteo stared at me with an expression I couldn't quite read but what he said next cause me by surprise.

"I believe in you AJ!"

I smiled and hugged him

"What's the sudden love for?"

"Nothing, it's just that you're the first person in years to call me AJ and your hug was so warm and loving. It's just different you know."

"AJ we all love you so much when your mom took you from us we were devastated. When we heard you were coming back to us after all these years we were off the walls even Xander. They put on their cold fronts but they love you and are scared to lose you. We will always be here to give you a warm hug when you need it and our ears are always open if you need to vent."

"Thanks."

"Now it's almost dinner go wash your face and let's go down." I nodded and went to my bathroom.

•_•

Matteo is so sweet

Thanks for reading

Mwah 😚