Chapter 92

Adriana's POV:

The drive was awkward and quiet until it wasn't.

"So how's senior year treating you?" he broke the silence

"It's great Senior trip was fun and Tyler asked me to prom so that'll be fun. I got my dress in yellow and I'm actually excited to wear it. I wish I had more control over my hair though."

"What do you mean?"

"Charlotte is making me straighten it again. I like my hair curly but she says it looks messy and untamed like that. She said there's a time and place for things. My hair looks prettier straight."

"That stupid fucking bitch!" He spat

"I didn't lose my shit last time because I thought you wanted to try it out. You are your own person and you decide what you do with your body. Your hair is beautiful because it natural and it's yours. She's jealous of your confidence. Her decrepit self is bitter because she probably fried her hair to appeal to Eurocentric standards. If you don't want straight hair at prom I will personally do your hair myself."

"Really?"

"Of course JJ. I'm not going to allow her to make you feel anything less than gorgeous. You are powerful because you love and accept who you are."

"I'm not powerful then. I feel insecure about my hair and weight."

"Why your weight."

"Everyone says I'm too skinny. The Lombardi's make me eat extra servings to make up for me starving myself. Nonna and Nonno called and the first thing they said was that I wasn't eating enough."

"I'm gonna have a talk with them. You've always struggle with maintaining weight. Your normal is significantly lower than an average person because of all the training you do. We've had this talk before. You can't compare yourself to the BMI chart because you have a fast metabolism and are more active than the population. They aren't doctors they don't know what they're talking about."

"Thank you."

"So Tyler? Are you two dating?"

"Nope just friends." I lied

"What happened to no boys?"

"What happened to us against the world? Forever and always?" I retorted and his face flashed hurt but I didn't care

"Look Adriana I'm sorry for striking you. Let me explain why I behaved in that manner."

"I forgive you I have for a while now"

"She's still alive in my basement if you wanna deal with her."

"Are you gonna miss her"

"No, I've been looking for a way to get rid of her. I'll explain the whole situation when we get to your home."

We arrived shortly at the bus stop 30 minutes away from my place and he looked at me confused

"No one knows my new address beside Niko, Maddie, Alessio and Tyler. I intend to keep it that way."

"I under you want your privacy but it's raining and dark. If you don't give me your address I'll sit in the rain with you."

"I'm entitled to my own space."

"You're 14, I've given you a lot of space. Stop being difficult Adriana."

"I'm going to college soon so I'll be on my own in a different country. Why don't you stop being difficult?"

"Please Adriana?" I sigh

"Fine but you can't tell anyone and you're not allowed here uninvited or I'll move." he nodded and I typed in my address