Chapter 87

Two weeks later

Adriana's POV:

Once in New York I went to a dentist and paid him very generously in cash to remove the tracking device in my tooth. I also bought a new phone. I visited my neighbor from my only apartment and she comforted me.

My mother hired Haruhi to be my babysitter when she was still sane. When I moved in with Alek he hired Haruhi. Gramps and Granny basically adopted her. They pay for her schooling and other expenses. She's a professional dancer.

I've missed the whole school week, but I've submitted my work online so I'm still top of the grade. I started street fighting again and I used my earning to buy myself a new place to live while I attend school. I had one of my loyal men move my stuff from my old house there.

Tomorrow is Monday and it's our first soccer game. I know my family is going to be there so it'll be interesting.

Monday

I'm on my way to school by bus. I'm in my soccer jersey and have my headphones on while looking out the window. It's nice to listen to music during a morning commute.

I go to first period and they apparently switched around seats so now I sit in the far back, away from any window. Today we were given a pop quiz on binary. It was really easy.

Once I finish I put my head down and waited for the bell to ring. I could feel Niko and Tyler staring holes into me. I chose to ignore them and when the bell rang I got up and attempted to make my way to second period.

Like I said attempted. Niko and Ty pull me into a janitors closet.

"What the fuck!" I growl

"Seriously? You disappear without a word and curse at us." Tyler said and he looked angry or hurt I really couldn't tell

"You can't runaway when the going gets tough." Niko spoke

"Seriously Nikolai, the going got a little more than tough. She lied and you all believed her. I lost everything I worked hard for. You should be grateful I'm still in California and I'm blessing you with my fucking presence."

"We know she lied Mabel was a total bitch but you shouldn't have ran we were so worried about you."

The bell rang

"I've gotta go to class." I left for second period

After school

Coach let me keep my starting position which I'm really happy about. Right now we're position on the field waiting for the whistle blow. The ref blows the whistle and Xander passes to me and pass it to the wing. He runs it to the corner and does a long pass to the center but it's kicked out.

I do the throw in and play it on the line. It's passed to Xavier and he shoots but the goalie catches it.

The ball is punted to our side of the field and their passes are amazing and perfectly timed. They score on us instantly. After nearly 20 minutes I tell Luca who plays right wing to switch sides with me and to pass it to me.

He does exactly what I say and I run it down the line. Their midfielder runs along side me to try and grab the ball. I pulled the ball back and cut it behind my leg and he slipped and fell on his ass. I carried the ball towards the goal and passed it quick to Xander and he scored.

When we reposition ourselves I stayed right to cover the midfielder who's ankles I broke because he really fast and a good shot.

They passed him the ball and he ran it down the line. I hit the jets and slid and kicked the ball out. When I got up he winked and me.

It was their throw in so I told everyone to man up (cover a person). The ball was thrown in and they carried the ball to the goal and scored again.

I went back to the middle and told Xavier to play the wings and he agreed. Luca carries it down and kicked the ball up towards the center. I jumped up and bicycle kicked the ball into the goal.

Imagine if I would've missed that. That would've been so embarrassing.

The game went on and the ref blew the whistle signaling half time. The score was 3-2 we were up but we needed to keep our lead so coach said I'd play goalie this round. I changed into my goalie pants and jersey. Then Marco helped me with my gloves.

I went to the box and felt right at home. They started with the ball this half. They brought the ball in went for the shot. I dove in and caught the ball and held it. I got up and punt it in.

The final whistle blew and the score was 6-2. I blocked all their attempts the second half cause I'm amazing. We told each other good game and thanked the refs. I was gonna go to the locker room when the midfielder who winked at me called for me.

"You're really good and cute." he flashed his pearly whites

"Thanks I try you're really good too."

"Could I possibly get your number?"

"Sorry, I'm not allow to date my brothers and cousins will have your head."

"We could be a secret?"

"Sorry, but I already have a secret boyfriend."

"Anyways can I have your number to be friends."

"Sure only friends though."

"For sure but can you right it on my arm to piss of your captain he's staring pretty hard." I looked and saw an angry Xander

"Oh that's my brother. Give me your arm I wanna piss him off too." he laughed and complied

I wrote a fake number on his arm

"I'm gonna go change there's a party tonight bring your secret boyfriend and your friends if you want." he said leaving

"Okay will do!" I shouted

I hear a low growl and turn to see my brother

"What the fuck Adriana?"

•_•

Favorite moment from this chapter?

Comments?

Thanks for reading

Mwah ⚽️