Chapter 8

⚠️⚠️T/W MENTION OF ABUSE & SA⚠️⚠️

Adriana's POV:

It's been almost two months since the incident and life has been pretty good Alessio got grounded for the rest of summer, lecture and spanked. Dad changed his mind about judo so next week after I get cleared he'll let me resume which I'm super excited for. I've gotten closer to all the guys guys besides Xander.

While I was in the hospital Matteo and the boys redid my room to make it yellow and grey and I love it. I met my Zio Lorenzo and my cousins (the triplets). They mostly hang out with the twins but they're not annoying which makes me happy.

During these two months I've learned to let go of my resentment towards my brothers. I love them with my whole heart and they love me too. I especially close with Enzo and Teo. Xander keeps his distance from me and I don't know why but I just let it be. Xavier and I play lots of video games together at night. Since Alessio has been grounded we haven't had the chance to form any sort of bond.

My resentment towards Alessandro still hasn't gone away. I'm still cordial but I hate calling him dad. I have one dad and it isn't him.

I did however, tell him bits and pieces of my past

Flashback 1 month ago

I was in the back with Avalanche and I was bored so I decided to do a couple aerials, walk overs, nothing that would hurt my hand wrapped in a yellow cast. Turns out I had a stress fracture on my wrist.

I stretched got a running head start and did an aerial cartwheel into a somersault then backwards somersault but when I came up I saw my very angry father and his amused brother standing watching me.

That was enough to throw me off, I jumped late and ended up doing a back handspring in an attempt to avoid eating dirt but my poor hand and wrist couldn't take the pressure and I crashed into the ground. I hissed and held my held my arm. It hurt like a bitch.

Dad came running and carried me inside while Zio gave me painkillers and water. I mumble a 'thank you' and tried to run out as quickly as possible but Zio Lorenzo blocked my path which caused Avalanche to immediately feel the need to protect me. He pounced knocking over Zio. He didn't bite he just growled and barked.

"Vniz!" I ordered and he laid down besides me

Down

"You have to put that thing on a leash before he bites someone." Zio says obviously angry

"No I don't. Avalanche protects me and he listens to commands. I told him down and that's exactly what he's doing. Av has been my family longer than you so you can't expect him to trust you." I spat.

"Why did you buy such a big dog. You're the smallest thing. How do you even haul that dog around?" Zio says annoyed

"I've always liked big dogs and Av and I just clicked you know. I know he's looks big and menacing but Avalanche is fully trained. He will only bite on my command or if there's immediate danger." I defended

"What language did you just speak?" dad ask

I sighed and decide to start revealing my messy past.

"Russian."

"How do you know Russian? And how does he know Russian commands?"

"I'll have to start from the beginning."

We went to the living room to sit down and chat

"Mom used to be so amazing. We'd bake together and although she was also so tired or busy she'd make time for my tournaments. Every night we'd talk about life and she'd give me the warmest hugs. I'd sometimes fall asleep in her arms and wake up in them."