ONE.

ONE; COFFEE AND FRESH STARTS

The bell dings as the elevator door opens on the 6th floor of the building as Penelope Garcia jitters away happily excited to be back home in DC. Her heels echo through the halls as she rushes to the round table room knowing that they had a case and that the stop she made for cold brew on the way in mayyy have made her a tad late. She opens the door dramatically and all eyes turn to her, how she missed her team while she was away.

"Babygirl how nice of you to join us" spoke the teasing words of Derek Morgan

"Sorry sugar my cold brew took FOREVER at my usual coffee joint. So sorry Hotch please continue." she turned to her boss Aaron Hotchner with a look that just so clearly said 'Penelope, please just sit down' not wishing to get herself fired, she did just that.

"So what do we have?" rung out the inquisitive tone that dr Spencer Reid always seemed to have about him.

"Seattle, home invasion double homicide male victim was stabbed nineteen times to the face and chest and the female victim was raped repeatedly and stabbed nineteen times in the genitalia and the chest." rung out the calm, but edgy voice of Jenifer Jareau.

"Both were stabbed nineteen times? oddly specific." This statement was posed by none other than David Rossi, Penelope knew just how excited a certain agent would be when she finally got to meet him.

"What makes it even weirder is that neither victim has any exes or friends with grudges, everyone in their lives has an alibi that checks out. This means that this was not a one time thing for this unsub and he could strike again at any time. Wheels up in 20" spoke Hotch Penelope knew that Hotch was gonna tell the rest of the team about the up and coming changes on the jet, She just hoped they took it well.....

"Alright everyone now that we have some time, there is something that I wish to discuss with all of you." the team gathers around Hotch in preparation for whatever news that their leader brought to them.

" As I'm sure you are all aware, Garcia travelled all the way to Australia to consult with Madam Director Westbrook as there is an agent who resides there whom i have expressed special interest in, in regards to the open spot on our team, now this agent is young, and I'm sure you are aware of my position in getting young, less experienced agents to do work that was made for people with years and years of field and office experience, but I can assure you that this agent is exemplary. Her test and exam scores rival only those of Reid and her hand to hand combat and gunmanship skills, well let's just say that on her first examination she did better than me, Morgan and JJ combined." looks of shock, awe and skepticism were passed through the jet, Emily Prentiss and JJ sharing a look as if to say 'fuck yeah another girl' a noise came from the computer stationed at the end of the seats as Garcia's face came into view

"You've told them haven't you sir?" the team chuckles at the wound up excited expression on Penelope's face.

"Yes Garcia, I told them" her face lights up like a child on Christmas morning

" ok, ok, so coming from me, who hates change, this is big news" Everyone nodded, it was common knowledge that Garcia could not stand any form of change to the team.

" Well there's this agent from the Australian branch of the FBI, her name is Aurora Hearst, born in Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia, tiny town. She graduated highschool with straight A's at age 12"

The deep voice of Derek Morgan interrupts "hey pretty boy isn't that the same age you graduated?" Reid gives him a quizzical look, almost like he couldn't believe that he remembered that little fact about him

"yea, um it is" Garcia waits impatiently on the screen clears her throat "may I continue?" Morgan laughs " yes baby girl" and then sits back in his seat,

"Well, she goes by Rory, she holds two PHDs, one in forensic psychology and a second in mathematics, as well as three BAs, in psychology, sociology, and physics. She's been working with the FBI for six years and she's only Twenty-Six."

--

To say the BAU were excited to meet Rory was an understatement, but Rory may have to take the cake for most excited, even above the overly excited, Penelope Garcia.

Aurora packed her things into her suitcase with precision, she needed to fit all her things in this one bag, she had spent so much money getting herself set up in DC from home in Australia but to say she was a tight ass was the understatement of the century, she did not like to spend money that she did not have to, under any circumstances. She carefully rolled up every item of clothing she had made sure to wear her bulkiest items on the plane so that she would not take up any excess space. it was her record collection that was going to be the trickiest bit, but she had come to the conclusion that getting them express shipped to her brand new apartment in DC was the best way to go, at they would probably arrive around the same time she did, leaving her with the minimum time away from them, the $40 she was spending extra seemed worth it just for that.

She had fully decorated her entire apartment, well not fully, technically all her little bits and bobs she had ordered online to decorate it, sat in boxes that she had her new neighbors bring inside, she was so so incredibly excited for her move to DC, she was sick of everyone knowing her, she just needed a fresh start.

She had also ordered this super fancy coffee machine that even grinds your coffee beans for you, so she could take a full pot of coffee in her oversized take away mug with her to work, meaning she wouldn't have to drink the shitty coffee that every office building had. Everything she had ever wanted was sitting in boxes and parcels on the floor of her brand new DC apartment. This was what she needed.

A fresh start. and coffee, good coffee.