TEN.

TEN; GET THAT SICK SON OF A BITCH

Sirens scream as they speed away, tires screeching "Garcia what is it?" Spencer's voice is edgy, he just needs Emily to drive faster, "hurry guys hurry I think she just blacked out she isn't answering me when I yell at her through the phone. HURRY!" Emily presses his foot further into the accelerator as we screech down the highway, they were two minutes away, Spencer could see the Rest stop just ahead "Emily here!" They screech to a stop and jump out of the car, the other black SUV and SWAT unit screaming past them to the address Aurora had given them.

They sprint past the trucks and find the pay phone, Spencer had never run so fast in his life, he pulls open the door to see a bleeding unconscious Aurora Hearst on the floor, he doesn't even notice the tears streaming down his face, the ambulance pulls up at the entrance to the truck stop "I've got you, I've got you you're safe" he says to her as he gingerly picks up her bloody figure and as Emily holds open the door he runs to the ambulance. careful to make sure he isn't jumping too much and isn't hurting her more, he gets in the ambulance with her not even asking to ride alone, he was not leaving her side unless she had to go into surgery, "Reid I'm going to meet the others at the address!" Emily knew that Reid had her, "I've got her Emily, go get that sick son of a bitch!" She ran off and jumped in the SUV scratching off at full speed to the house.

"Spence?" A weak voice called out, Spencer looked down at her, he gingerly cupped the side of her face, unable to stop himself from noticing how beautiful she was, even in an ambulance, "I've got you Rora, I've got you" she visibly relaxes under his touch and falls back out of consciousness, she was strong, but after knowing he was there, she could let go and allow herself to fall back into sleep. He knew that she was going to be ok, but he couldn't help but worry for her, she was so young, only a year younger than him, but she managed to beat the shit out of her attacker with two stab wounds and a concussion. She was the strongest girl he had ever met, and he was never going to let her go.

--

Aurora wakes up to the sounds and bright lights she recognizes as the hospital, she can feel the warmth of someone's hand in hers, as her eyes open she recognizes the sleeping figure of Spencer Reid who's chair was pulled up next to her bed, she lightly squeezes his hand and he wakes, "Rora, thank god you're alright" she blushes, she cant help it "Rora, that's a new one, I like it" Spence blushes and smiles up at her, all the fear in his body lifted, she was ok "good, you're never getting rid of it." she lets out a weak breathy laugh before the realization of why she was here washes over her face. "Did you get him?" Spencer's face falls, "We found the house, but by the time we got there he was gone. He must have woken up sooner than we expected, but you did a number on him, there were two sets of bloody footprints but he left his boots there. He'll need a hospital eventually, we'll get him Rora I promise you." He grasped her hand with both of his, rubbing his thumb up and down her hand to calm her down, which was working but the underlying panic in her eyes spoke for itself, she was terrified. "Please Spence, don't let him get me" her voice breaks and tears threaten to escape her eyes "I promise you Rora, I will not leave your side" He looks her in the eye as he says this, she nods and holds his hand tighter before wincing as she tried to flex the muscles in her bad arm.

Footsteps echo through the hallway as the rest of the team led by Penelope with a gift basket in hand run into the room, "AURORA'' a collective voice came from the entire group, She laughs weakly "hey guys'' suddenly a thought hits her "are my plants ok? Please tell me if someone has watered my plants. And fed pixie?" They collectively shake their heads and laugh at the bed ridden girl's antics "you kid amaze me, you get kidnapped and now you're in the hospital with a concussion and two stab wounds and you're worried about your plants?" Derek Morgan's voice sticks out, "yeah and? Please tell me someone did." He chuckles at her "not to worry, loverboy over here was insistent on going to your place and watering your plants and feeding your cat both days and the day you've been in here, it's the only half hour he left your side" Spence goes a shade of bright red, still refusing to let go of her hand, she gives it a light squeeze "thanks Spence'' he (if even possible) goes an even darker shade of red.