FOURTEEN.

FOURTEEN; PREPARATION

Aurora wakes up bright and early the next morning, which was unusual for her, she hated mornings. But this one was different. She springs out of bed and throws on light makeup and a sweater with leggings, she grabs her bag and the book she had left by the door, planning to get coffee on the way home, she skips down the stairs, exited out of h mind, jumps in the car and calls Penelope Garcia as she drives, "Hey Pen I need Reid's address," she makes a disgruntled sound "Rory, I love you, but it's 9am, also its apartment 17 at 28-27 Gromwell drive." oh she loved how Penelope just knew that "Love you too Pen thanks! Go back to sleep" she hangs up the phone and plugs in the address to her car GPS.

Rory looks down at the book sitting in the passenger seat, 'I can't believe this is happening," circling her mind, she knew she had only been in Dc for like three weeks, but she felt at home, for the first time since her parents passed, she was grateful to the team for that, a joyful smile fills her face as she speeds up and the light goes green. She pulls into the carpark of his apartment complex, recognizing his car, her smile is so huge she could almost feel her face breaking in two, she hasn't smiled this much in years.

Jumping up the stairs, she finally reaches his door. She takes a deep breath and places the book down on his doormat. Knocking three times on his door before bolting down the stairs, not wanting any chance of him seeing her, the nerves rising in her stomach, she knew tonight would be magical.

--

A knock on the door wakes the sleeping form of Spencer Reid, he jumps up, jamming his glasses on his face, sprinting to the door, praying to god that it was her. He swings open the door, no sign of her, he frowns deflated, he looks down to see the book, the one that inspired his entire idea from last night, his face lights up as he picks up the book and closes his door.

He opens the book and sees the letter, taking note of the page number, he must remember to check if she noticed what he had done with his letter, he takes a deep breath, nerves filling his stomach and unfolds it.

Spence,

I love that you chose to write me a letter, I stand by my statement that they are a thousand times more romantic, I can hardly believe I am now able to say I know from experience.

I would love to, I think our date of shitty pizza was pretty great too, but I am yet to try your cooking, if it's anything like your coffee I'm sure it will be amazing. What time should I be there?

Also did you know that Spencer was princess Diana's maiden name?

I can't wait for tonight!

Love, Rora xo

He could not believe his eyes, it had worked he had a date with the most beautiful girl in the world. He lets out an embarrassing little squeal, before freezing petrified that someone heard, before realizing he lived alone, laughing to himself he checks what page she had left the letter on. It was the page where Henry and Rachel share their first real kiss, was she telling me something, I can't tell, does she want me to kiss her? I do want to but what if it makes things awkward, I've only kissed one other girl, Lila Archer, but that was an entirely different circumstance. He takes a deep breath and dials Morgan's number.

"Reid? "Morgan's disgruntled morning voice comes through the phone. "Morgan? it worked?" He hears movement on the other line, suspecting it was Morgan getting out of bed to avoid waking up whatever woman he had slept with the night before, Spencer rolls his eyes, "What do you mean it worked, did she call?" "No, better I woke up to a knock on my door and a book on my doormat" "I'm not following" Spencer sighs, he really was slow in the mornings huh, "A book? With a letter in it you idiot" Sometimes Morgan could really press his buttons "ohhhh really now, soo what does it say, read it out for me" He takes a deep breath trying to contain his excitement. "It says; Spence, I love that you chose to write me a letter, I stand by my statement that they are a thousand times more romantic, I can hardly believe I am now able to say I know from experience. I would love to, I think our date of shitty pizza was pretty great too, but I am yet to try your cooking, if it's anything like your coffee I'm sure it will be amazing. What time should I be there? Also did you know that Spencer was princess Diana's maiden name? I can't wait for tonight! Love, Rora xo" Morgan chuckles on the other end of the line " See kid, I told you she felt the same, go get em tiger" the grin on Spencer's face widens "thankyou for making me send that letter" "any time Kid, now I have a very unhappy woman in my bed right now because I have woken her up at 9am, but keep me updated, and call me if you get too nervous ok?" Spencer nods before realizing he couldn't see him, "ye-yep got it Morgan see ya" Morgan chuckles before hanging up the phone.