ELEVEN.

ELEVEN; BACK ON MY FEET

"Spence I swear I'm fine, I can get myself home." Spence was insisting on driving Rory home "Aurora Hearst I promised you I would stay so I will not be leaving until you are at home and safe, and that's final." Laughing under her breath as he grabs her bag and the two exit the hospital. He had Emily drive her car to the parking lot of the apartment complex so we walked out to his car. He opened the side door for her before walking around to the driver's side. " Can we at least stop for pizza on the way, all I've eaten for the last three days is hospital food." looking over at him with a whiney expression, he smiles and caves, he nods "I suppose we could get pizza, but only if I get to eat dinner with you." she grins "it's a date." she shrinks down into her seat cursing her big mouth for letting that slip.

He kept his promise and made sure her plants stayed watered and pixie stayed fed while she was in the hospital. Rory never liked being cringey or lovey dovey but she truely believed that he had helped in her quick recovery. His voice is so soothing, she could listen to him talk for hours. Last night she had stayed with him in the hospital, he read her book aloud for the drained woman to fall asleep to. she had fallen asleep to the sound of his voice, he slept in a chair, in the hospital, two nights in a row, for her.. she didn't know why but he was the only guy she had ever met who has made her feel so special.

the two sit and talk about anything and everything at the kitchen table eating pizza for hours. When they finish she makes him let her do the dishes so he stands near the sink leaning against the wall, letting out a yawn, she can't believe he hasn't passed out already after three nights in a chair, "god what's the time?" He asks looking down at his watch 

"1:15am Jesus it's late and we both have paperwork to do in the morning" she sighs in defeat, she would miss him, her eyes light up an idea pops into her head "well I have a pretty comfy couch if you just wanna stay? driving when you're tired isn't a good idea."  she holds her breath almost shocked that she had actually managed to ask the question. "yeah actually that would be great if you don't mind" she grins 

 "yes no problem I'll make up the couch for you" he nods and grabs a change of clothes from his go bag and walks to the bathroom to get changed.

grabbing a few blankets and pillows making sure he would be as comfortable as possible, she even moves her plants away from the couch, if one of them fell over and he got covered in dirt she would die of embarrassment. He walks out of the bathroom in sweat pants and a shirt, she drops the pillow she is holding and goes beet red, having never seen him in casual clothes before, she feels her face burning up as she becomes incredibly flustered, "I-um you can sleep in here there's snacks and water in the kitchen, I'm just gonna get changed and water my plants, oh and please help yourself to my books."

rushing out of the lounge room, still shell shocked at how incredibly good Dr Spencer Reid looked in sweatpants. shaking off the redness that stained her cheeks and walks into her bedroom shutting the door and grabbing shorts and cami walking out into the kitchen to fill up the watering can "hey Rora, u didn't tell me you were a dickens fan" Spence calls out from the lounge, she chuckles 'of course that would be what he found' 

"of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" walking around the kitchen making sure not to miss any of the plants, "you have quite the collection here but I think I might have you beat." she makes her way into the lounge room where he is standing looking through the large collection, "oh yeah, I think I'm gonna need proof" he turns around, she sees his eyes flick up and down, he does a little double take and goes red, she looks down, not used to attention like this, but for some reason she doesn't mind it. he clears his throat "I-um yeah you'll have to come by and get that proof for yourself sometime." he clears his throat again the two are varying shades of red. 

finishing up with all the plants she scoops a sleeping Pixie off his bedding she had laid out neatly on the couch and goes to walk out, "goodnight Spence" he turns around and makes his way to the couch and hops into bed "goodnight Rora, sweet dreams'' she smiles softly at him "you too Spence" feeling his eyes on her as she walks out the room, blush creeping through her cheeks. climbing into bed, turning off the light she hear him flick off his light the room over, Pixie curls up next to her, "you like him baby?" she whispers to the small ball of fluff, pixie lets out a faint purr "yeah, me too."

Both parties went to sleep silently wishing the other was sleeping next to them.

--

When she wakes the next morning Aurora hears someone in the Kitchen, she had almost forgotten the Spence had stayed the night, she slides out of bed and makes sure she looks presentable before opening her door and walking out into the kitchen, finding Spence sitting with a cup of coffee at her kitchen table, sporting his glasses, she didn't see those often. "Good morning, how're you feeling this morning?'' She took a second to absorb the image of him sitting at the table, t-shirt and sweatpants crumpled with his messy hair and glasses sliding down his nose with the mug in both hands. There were some days she was grateful for her photographic memory, this was one of those times. "Hey Spence, yep I slept like a baby, was my couch comfy enough?" He scrunched his nose slightly, she found it was so cute when he did that, "yea it was so good, way more comfy than that hospital chair,-not that I regret staying with you in the slightest'' She blushes and fills up her favourite mug with coffee, she notices him staring at the picture frame she has of her parents above her sink. "what happened to them if you don't mind me asking."

Usually she hated it when people asked about her parents, but for some reason she was ok with it "it was the 17th of January, I was thirteen, I woke up, it was cold, and too quiet, I called out for them, they didn't answer, I walked into their room and found that they had been brutally murdered, just down the hall as I slept. They never found out who did it. That's actually the reason I went into this line of work" he sits there, glued to her hanging into every word she says, "I'm so sorry Rora"  she smiles sadly, "I swore to myself that one day I would figure out who did it, it's been sixteen years, every year I try, every year I can't figure it out." he reaches across the table and takes her hands in his "I promise you, when you're ready you will have me and he entire team behind you, we will find the person who did this." she smiles up at him and whispers, "thank you." He lets go of her hands and takes another sip of his coffee before standing up. "Now, unless you want a beating from Hotch on your first day back I suggest we start getting ready to leave." Rory chugs her coffee and wipes the excess from the side of her mouth and nods "sir yes sir" she hears him chuckling as she walks into her room to change.

Aurora slips into dress pants, a red top and blazer along with her favourite boots and fixes up her hair, putting a little makeup on and getting her bag together. when she walks out into the kitchen once more, Spence is filling up his take away cup with coffee, he had lost the glasses and was back in his usual; pants shirt and sweater vest, as well as a blazer, his bag sitting on the table, she smiles at him "you know what? I think I prefer the glasses" he laughs "well then if you say so," he walks over to the bathroom mirror and takes out his contacts, putting his glasses back on "better?" She smiles at him from the other room, "much." They walk out together, Spencer still going on about how he hates his glasses and Aurora disagreeing, she laughs at his dramatics as they get into their two separate cars and start their drive to Quantico, smiles permanently stuck on their faces.

One thought was crossing both of their minds... "What if?"